New Crosman Big Bore .357 Prototype

Show off your other air guns here, Ask or answer questions

New Crosman Big Bore .357 Prototype

Postby jhm757 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 am

Check it out! No electronics, all mechanical, side lever, shorter, lighter, and cheaper than the discontinued Rogue.

No info on what it will actually weigh or cost yet. But it looks interesting.

It was said it shoots 175gr bullets about 800 fps for 190 fpe, the stock is a prototype and may change but it will be a bullpup style.

Sounded kind of loud to me but this was the first Big Bore I have ever seen shot.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y46 ... e89872.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y46 ... 4f6467.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y46 ... b4b370.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y46 ... 9de1df.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y46 ... 868c66.jpg

Jim - jhm757
jhm757

Re: New Crosman Big Bore .357 Prototype

Postby SHOOTINIT » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:50 am

airguns guns are heading right down the getting banned highway.

this does nothing for our sport.
99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Postby Doc » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:50 am

X2 There is no need for airguns to be that big or powerful. Just use a firearm if you need that much force.

SHOOTINIT wrote:airguns guns are heading right down the getting banned highway.

this does nothing for our sport.
Doc

Postby iride » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:10 am

I agree 100 % When I first got my 25 Marauder I thought its just a matter of time before the laws start looking at the air guns more like weapons
Just a matter of time,, You guys seen the laws over the pond? Even Canada laws are nuts on air power....
Mike
Cricket 25
Cricket .22
Marauder 25
FWB 124
Tech Force 99
Super max Mod B21
Crosman 760
Sheridan blue streak ( I guess a 1965 model, Brother gave it to me does not shoot
Salt gun
iride

Postby Doc » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:34 pm

All its takes is an accidental death or a murder with one. It happened in Australia or New Zealand I think where someone was accidentally killed with a Crosman Trail and now all air rifles have to be registered. Its probably a good thing I never had a PCP as a kid.
Doc

Postby FuzzyGrub » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:19 am

Like a crossbow or compound bow, these are for hunting. But, yes, capable of killing at short range.

This just fills the vacancy in crosman's lineup left from the Rouge. I don't see it as a driver to getting airguns banned. Now, those full auto pcp's, yea they will be banned at some point.

Even here in NY, don't see them getting banned or registered. Now, doing background checks and forced to go thru FEL's, that might be coming with airguns over a certain power. And that will be a PITA!

I actually worry more about the LDC/shrouded barrels more. I see it likely, that at some point we become like our neighbors to the north that do not allow them.
John

Prods: 2201P .22 Pistol, M4 .177/.22 Carbine, PMrod .177/.22 Rifle, MProd .22
Mrods: .25 MDRL Bullpup, Srod .25 Syn Stock, Gen II Woody Reg'ed 177
FuzzyGrub

Postby BDSKJChris » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:33 pm

blaming a manufacturer for the possibility of an airgun ban is pretty silly IMO. saying no airgunner "needs" that much power is no different than supporting a .50BMG ban because you believe "nobody needs that much firepower except for the military". if such a ban were to come about we would have 3 factors to blame: politicians, ignorant voters, irresponsible airgunners. not to mention just because the thing does have a substantial amount of muzzle energy doesn't mean that energy will be there when it hits the target. here in ny something like this would be awesome to own, given the recent "laws" that have been pushed down our throats, being able to go to a range and shoot out to 300 yards with ease right out of the box without burning any powder is something i think a lot of people would love...the only way to prevent a ban is by educating people about these things and being responsible in every way.
BDSKJChris

Postby BDSKJChris » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:34 pm

FuzzyGrub wrote:Like a crossbow or compound bow, these are for hunting. But, yes, capable of killing at short range.

This just fills the vacancy in crosman's lineup left from the Rouge. I don't see it as a driver to getting airguns banned. Now, those full auto pcp's, yea they will be banned at some point.

Even here in NY, don't see them getting banned or registered. Now, doing background checks and forced to go thru FEL's, that might be coming with airguns over a certain power. And that will be a PITA!

I actually worry more about the LDC/shrouded barrels more. I see it likely, that at some point we become like our neighbors to the north that do not allow them.

where in the people's rebublic of NY are you from, im in albany.
BDSKJChris

Return to Other Guns