Marauder number 002

If you were able to be one of the lucky people who were able to get a code tell us here.

Re: Marauder number 002

Postby johnnyi » Mon May 25, 2009 1:37 pm

I went to the public gun range today. Shared the bench with several guys out shooting their AR's. The benches are connected together. So you had to time out your shots ..hopefully.. between the blasts. The wind was moderate breeze with swirling wind. From 8-10 mph with a few gusts. Shooting was done with Caldwell rear bag and one of those $50 adjustables front rest.

Here are a few targets just to give an idea of what this $500 gun is capable of. I'm certain the results could be better with more ideal conditions, but overall I was pretty impressed with this gun!

Here are some 5 shot groups I shot just to see how good it would group. Gun is still factory except for the trigger. Filled to 2500 PSI and shot 6 groups. I shot another group on a range target. The range guys forgot to pull that target so I didnt get it.

You will see the target sets were not the most ideal.. the targets will just stabled over and over and over. Target not flat. From the previous tests I was planning to test both of the 15.9 and 18 grain JSB's. I ran out of time. So I only tested the 15.9's for this trip...

Here are some to compare for size. Had one group that I could easily cover with a dime...

Next I recharged the gun and shot 10 shot groups 3 different targets and 1 I shot at the crosshair off to the side. Here are the targets in order to shot. The target with two groups I shot center dot first then the crosshair between the 6 and 7 so you can see the point it starts dropping. It will get about 25 shots at 50 before I can start seeing it drop. Sorry I didnt bring the chrono to the range to capture that data...

Sorry for the photos through my scope to see groups. But I had to leave and the next target change was not scheduled for another 40 minutes. So I took photos through the scope best I could...

1st group. 10 shots

2nd group 10 shots

3rd and 4th group. The 4th 10 shot group again is at the cross hair between the 6 and 7 ring.

johnnyi

Postby johnnyi » Wed May 27, 2009 7:33 pm

I ran a chrono string with the factoy settings. 15.9 JSB's. Filled to 2600 PSI. I did turn out the transfer port fully backed out 4 turns. If you consider the first 30 shots. Shot #30 was 869 high of 907. That is 38 deviation. Still pending to make changes on the Hammer storke and hammer spring. I will play around with that during the weekend when I have more time. Here are the results:

johnnyi

Postby huffelfingre » Wed May 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Wow I think that is pretty fantastic ! do you actually know what pressure gave you the fastest speed?
huffelfingre

Postby johnnyi » Wed May 27, 2009 8:35 pm

huffelfingre wrote:Wow I think that is pretty fantastic ! do you actually know what pressure gave you the fastest speed?

Would have been around 2450psi
johnnyi

Postby super20g » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:58 am

What scope and rings do you have?
super20g

Postby johnnyi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:58 pm

The scope that was on the gun during those photos was a Nikon Monarch 8-32X50 with medium Accu mounts. The nikon is a FANTASTIC scope and rightly it should be in the price band that it is in. However as the focus isnt quite perfect for shooting airgun distances,it is doable, just alot of changing around to make it work. So, I opted to swap to another scope. I was surfing for scopes and found a pretty nice deal on a Tasco 6-24x42 Varmit/Target with mildot. I bought it from OpticsPlanet. Shipped was like $89. It is a decent scope. fairly clear. But you I will not even compare it to the Nikon. If I were going to recommend a scope for under $100, I would say this would fit the ticket. Maybe even up to $150 or under scope I will still recommend this scope. I would try it on a springer gun.
johnnyi

Previous

Return to First 100 Owners Club