How to add pictures and images to posts

If you were able to be one of the lucky people who were able to get a code tell us here.

How to add pictures and images to posts

Postby sacshooter » Tue May 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Below is a tutorial on how to post photos and images inside of your posts.

Part 1 will cover posting an image hosted on PhotoBucket.

Part 2 will cover how to post an image found on another website.

Part 1 –Photobucket

PhotoBucket is a free photo hosting service that an be found at
http://www.photobucket.com

After you have created your account, login

The first thing to do is to create an Album to hold the images you want to post on the forum.

It would be a good idea to name your Album something like forum_pictures_do_not_move (or something)

Please note once you post a photobucket image to the forum, if you later decide to move the picture to a different album, or change it’s name

THE IMAGE WILL NOLONGER BE VISABLE IN THE FORUM

photobucket warns you of this when you try to move photos around.

Ok now that you understand that lets proceed to uploading a picture.

Once you are in the correct album, and have the reduce to is set to 640x480 or lower, click the Choose files button and select the image or images you want to upload to the album.

You can use the Ctrl + click to select multiple files to upload at once.

Once you have uploaded the file, or files you will be taken to a screen that looks something like this:

Here you can enter detailed information about the photo (or skip if you are in a hurry) then click return to album.

To get the code to paste into the forum post where you want the image to appear:

1. Hover the mouse over the thumbnail of the image.
2. A box will then appear under the thumbnail image.
3. click on the IMG Code, this will highlight the code needed to show the picture.
4. Hit Ctrl + C (for windows) to copy the code to the clipboard.

The last step is to use Ctrl + V (for windows) to paste the code in your post where you want the image to appear.

That is it for part 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 2 - How to post an image found on another website.

To post an image found on another website, is fairly easy as long as the website is not using hotlink protection.

The first step is to find a photo you want to mention in the post, for this example I will use a picture of a vacuum sealer I sell on my vacuum sealer and bags sales site http://www.ProVacuumSealers.com

Hover over and right + Click the mouse and select the Properties

This will show the image properties and location (url)

Once you have copied the url to the clipboard click on ok, this will close the window.

Now return to your post. Notice the buttons below the subject box.

Below is a quick tutorial on how to post photos and images inside of your posts.

Part 1 will cover posting an image hosted on PhotoBucket.

Part 2 will cover how to post an image found on another website.

Part 1 -Photobucket

PhotoBucket is a free photo hosting service that an be found at
http://www.photobucket.com

After you have created your account, login

The first thing to do is to create an Album to hold the images you want to post on the forum.

It would be a good idea to name your Album something like forum_pictures_do_not_move (or something)

Please note once you post a photobucket image to the forum, if you later decide to move the picture to a different album, or change it's name

THE IMAGE WILL NOLONGER BE VISABLE IN THE FORUM

photobucket warns you of this when you try to move photos around.

Ok now that you understand that lets proceed to uploading a picture.

Once you are in the correct folder, and the reduce to is set to 640x480 or lower, click the Choose files button and select the image or images you want to upload to the album.

You can use the Ctrl + click to select multiple files to upload at once.

Once you have uploaded the file, or files you will be taken to a screen that looks something like this:

Here you can enter detailed information about the photo (or skip if you are in a hurry) then click return to album.

To get the code to paste into the forum post where you want the image to appear:

1. Hover the mouse over the thumbnail of the image.
2. A box will then appear under the thumbnail image.
3. click on the IMG Code, this will highlight the code needed to show the picture.
4. Hit Ctrl + C (for windows) to copy the code to the clipboard.

The last step is to use Ctrl + V (for windows) to paste the code in your post where you want the image to appear.

That is it for part 1.

Part 2 - How to post an image found on another website.

To post an image found on another website, is fairly easy as long as the website is not using hotlink protection.

The first step is to find a photo you want to mention in the post, for this example I will use a picture of a vacuum sealer I sell on my vacuum sealer and bags sales site http://www.ProVacuumSealers.com

Hover over and right + Click the mouse and select the Properties

This will show the image properties and location (url)

Once you have copied the url to the clipboard click on ok, this will close the window.

Now return to your post. Notice the buttons below the subject box.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Hope this helps.

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
Besides this forum I have many others. For a complete list of my other websites please visit http://www.AskRogerSeher.com Thanks for your Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to add pictures and images to posts

Postby Supercharged86 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks Roger, works like a charm. However, I don't use the "img" button inside the post because when you cut and paste from Photobucket it already adds the "img" script in brackets. So by pressing the img button in the post it adds a second set of "img" scripts and brackets and therefore results in an error with no picture being displayed. Took me a while to figure this out as I couldn't understand why my pictures weren't being displayed. Then I noticed the double scripts and brackets. Thanks again. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Supercharged86 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 am

Ok guys here's an update on adding pics to your posts. For those who have noticed that their pics are losing some of the right hand side, the max image size appears to be 700 x 525 pxls. So if need be resize your photos to these dimensions (overall image file size shouldn't matter), this should retain 100% of your original photo size. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Walx » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:42 am

I must be missing something some where. How do you upload line graphs made in Excel? Photobucket doesnt let me up load the file. Im new to uploading things incase you cant tell.
Walx

Postby Supercharged86 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Will photobucket accept a word document? If so, cut and paste the excel file to a blank word document and then upload.
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Walx » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:16 pm

As far as I can tell it only takes photos and videos. I managed to save it in word and turn the graph into a picture in word but to save it on the computer as a piture is where I am stuck now. Still trying thought.
Walx

Postby Supercharged86 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Do you have Microsoft Paint? I found a tech article that says you can copy/paste from excell to paint, then save as a jpeg file which will work with photobucket. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Supercharged86 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Well I didn't think I had MS paint on my computer but as it turns out I did. It was located in the accessories folder on the "all programs" list, so check there if you don't see it listed within the usual programs list. Anyway I did a copy and paste from excel to paint and saved it as a jpeg file which I then uploaded to photobucket and here we have it. Is this what your trying to accomplish? Steve

Forum Moderator

Supercharged86
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Walx » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Yes thats it thanks I will try it. Thanks
Walx

Postby Walx » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:Well I didn't think I had MS paint on my computer but as it turns out I did. It was located in the accessories folder on the "all programs" list, so check there if you don't see it listed within the usual programs list. Anyway I did a copy and paste from excel to paint and saved it as a jpeg file which I then uploaded to photobucket and here we have it. Is this what your trying to accomplish? Steve

That works. Thanks again
Walx

Next

Return to First 100 Owners Club