First 100

If you were able to be one of the lucky people who were able to get a code tell us here.

First 100

Postby trealtree » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:34 pm

You guys decide to just stop talking about your guns, Us guys that are waiting on ours still want to hear about them.. :)
trealtree

Re: First 100

Postby huffelfingre » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:01 pm

well I have been so busy playing with my gun I have really forgotten to communicate how much fun ol # 67 is. My favorite pellet in my discovery is the JSB exact heavy, so I started feeding my Marauder a steady diet of them. 20 tins to be exact, at 500 a tin that's a lot of targets.But as with all of us, I wondered if there was a pellet that would perform better, so I purchased another sample pack from Straight shooters. With some of the pellets 3 shots I knew the gun didn't like them. I found that my JSB were very accurate , also the Beeman did very well. and the other one that did very well was the Crosman Premier 10.5 grain. so for me the next step was to actually put 500 shots of each of the 3 pellets that performed well, this took several days, in 10 shot rounds re filling stacking another 10 meter target over the last one, and on and on and on. then looking at the first target and measuring the spread of 500 shots, yes I said 500 . to my surprise the Crosman won by a lot, I will post the pictures at a later date.oh my favorite came in second and the Beeman came in third. Now anyone of them would be great. But the Crosman heavy is now my new favorite. As far as speed goes they were all around 980 feet per second. the air charge that worked best for me was 2,100 on the high, and 1,800 on the low. Where my gun is adjusted, if I fill it up to 3,000 pounds it shoots slower but the spread does not seem to change much. But what a waste of air.
The scope I am using is a Leapers 6 X 24 X 50 scope. I purchased it from Pyramyd air and I actually like the scope, but it is bad. I contacted Pyramyd or at least one of the operators, the rudest idiot I have ever dealt with. Way too much attitude for me ! I was really surprised with the attitude I got, since I have always gotten great service from them before. I wonder if this is what happens when you grow. Do you forget about your customer base? I will send the 10 day old scope back and deal with someone else from now on ! sorry Pyramyd. Looks like you lost a customer !
My Marauder is absolutely hands down my go to gun! Oh mine is the 177. I could go on blathering on about my favorite gun, and I think I will. If you read my earlier posts you will notice early on I had some problems. Crosman was the only reason that even the problems became a wonderful learning experience. Thank you again Russell Page from Crosman . He gave me some instructions on my Marauder, and I know it improved my skill level.
I will post the targets with 500 shots through them and I think that you will go wow as well . Oh yeah all my shots were from 105 feet from the end of the barrel to the target. My target is a metal trap from Cabelas . another awesome investment ! thousands of shots and not even a dent !!! My trap is the Do-All outdoors 22 / 177 bullet trap. wonderful investment.
huffelfingre

Postby sacshooter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Great write up, That is a lot of rounds and a lot of air. I like the idea of tuning for a lower fill. I can only shoot paper for so long, then I need to reach out and plink, or take some squirrels ;)

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
Besides this forum I have many others. For a complete list of my other websites please visit http://www.AskRogerSeher.com Thanks for your Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby trealtree » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:12 am

Thats what I like to hear.. :)
trealtree

Postby airpower » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:35 am

FANTASTIC!

airpower