Silicone grease as a pellet lube.

The Benjamin Marauder air rifle can be tuned. You can adjust the trigger and the rifles velocities for different fill pressures.

Silicone grease as a pellet lube.

Postby jlands on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:08 pm

title says it all. thinking about trying it since i use it to lube my bolt o ring. btw, i use Permatex dielectric grease to lube my o rings.
any comments.

jared
I believe in gun control as long as I am the one controlling it. :)

jlands

Re: Silicone grease as a pellet lube.

Postby wahoowad on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:47 am

I would think a grease would be too think, lead to gunking up. A silicone liquid/spray sound sbetter, but don't do it on my feedback. I have the same question posed in another thread! I have some silicone spray that most of the spray evaporates. I'd think that would be good but don't see anybody doing it. Everybody is buying some expensive spray. I have so many dedicated cans in my shop of different sprays that it is ridiculous!
wahoowad

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:27 am

Hey Guys, Some pellets like the EunJin's come from the factory with a liquid lubricant (looks like WD-40) already applied. Otherwise, I would stick to the dry wax stuff, like Krytech, White Lighting, etc. You definitely don't won't anything heavy. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby warrior23 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm

How do you apply the Krytech does it come in a spray bottle?
warrior23

Postby wlambert on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:22 am

Supercharged86 wrote:Hey Guys, Some pellets like the EunJin's come from the factory with a liquid lubricant (looks like WD-40) already applied. Otherwise, I would stick to the dry wax stuff, like Krytech, White Lighting, etc. You definitely don't won't anything heavy. Steve

I agree. I use White Lightning. I put some pellets in a baby food jar. Then I apply the White Lightning after shaking it up real good. I let them sit for a day or two for the carrier to evaporate. Probably only takes a couple hours. The pellets have a light coat of wax and are easy to handle.

I get my White Lightning in the bike department at Walmart. When you are not shooting your Marauder, White Lightning is a really good lube for your mountain bike. It is clean, and neat, and does not attract dirt.

wlambert
wlambert

Postby warrior23 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Off to Wally world to get some white lighting
warrior23

Postby jlands on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:34 pm

i only asked because i would like to use a lube that would be good for the oring at the same time.

jared
I believe in gun control as long as I am the one controlling it. :)

jlands

Postby Roger on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:00 pm

I have used KryTech for some time now it works very well. I also use it on the bullets that I cast for my large bore air rifle. I have tried alot of different things over the years and this seems to be the one that works.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Postby Vakeiros on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Krytech is the very best!

If LD uses it that can only mean one thing: It's the best there is!

regards
Vakeiros

Return to Marauder Tuning and Adjusting