Rust in air reservoir

The Benjamin Marauder air rifle can be tuned. You can adjust the trigger and the rifles velocities for different fill pressures.

Rust in air reservoir

Postby pb95 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi,
I charge my mrod with a benjamin handpump, and, as we all know, it does not have a moisture filter. I live in Mississippi, and we have a humidity level of about 200%.:) I pump very slowly to make sure my pump does not heat up, but with a high level of humidity, moisture is unavoidable. I was wondering if there is a way to remove the valve and somehow wipe away any condensation in the reservoir. I am on a budget and cannot afford a $700+ carbon fiber air tank or a scuba tank. I want to take good care of my treasured rifle and this issue causes much concern.
I would appreciate it if somebody was kind enough to give me any suggestions or solutions to my problem-(other than resorting to an air tank)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless,
Peyton
"Shoot for the best but prepare for the worst."
pb95

Re: Rust in air reservoir

Postby heli on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Well I live out west pretty dry, but reading your post made me wonder about putting a silica packet in the tube,maybe fasten it to the depinger somehow?
GET OUT AND VOTE!

heli

Postby DaveShooter on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 pm

pb95 wrote:Hi,
I charge my mrod with a benjamin handpump, and, as we all know, it does not have a moisture filter. I live in Mississippi, and we have a humidity level of about 200%.:) I pump very slowly to make sure my pump does not heat up, but with a high level of humidity, moisture is unavoidable. I was wondering if there is a way to remove the valve and somehow wipe away any condensation in the reservoir. I am on a budget and cannot afford a $700+ carbon fiber air tank or a scuba tank. I want to take good care of my treasured rifle and this issue causes much concern.
I would appreciate it if somebody was kind enough to give me any suggestions or solutions to my problem-(other than resorting to an air tank)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless,
Peyton
I plumbed a mini dri filter into my benji pump.Sun optics is the one who makes the benji/air-force pumps i here theyhave a filter coming out for the benji pumps . Should help you with moisture problems. here is Sun Optics address-sun optics usa po box 2225 Burleson,tx 76097 Hope that helps :D
DaveShooter

Postby zen0s on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:27 am

You could always use Hill Pump with dry filter if you are on tight budget or no place to fill tank. They actually work really well. I originally had Benjamin handpump and not long after my air reservoir had enough moisture to start rusting. I ended up making a complant about it and crosman was nice enough to replaced it for me even after I opened the product. This all happened within 2 weeks of owning Mrod and Benji pump, ever since I got the hill pump with dry filter I haven't seen any moisture inside the reservoir. Also I'm not sure if you use outdoor or indoor but I always use it indoor.
zen0s

Postby pb95 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm

So how do you get the valve to come off? Does it just unscrew?
"Shoot for the best but prepare for the worst."
pb95

Return to Marauder Tuning and Adjusting