Pellet Cleaning?

The Benjamin Marauder air rifle can be tuned. You can adjust the trigger and the rifles velocities for different fill pressures.

Pellet Cleaning?

Postby Lammy1000 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:16 am

My .177 loves Crosman Premier hollow point pellets. I have tried nearly every other type and this one is definitely the most accurate in this gun. These pellets are filthy with black residue (is it lead or carbon/graphite?). More importantly, there are metallic slivers and some remain even after I batch clean by dumping pellets on clean rags and applying isoprpyl alcohol. Pellets are then repeatedly wiped with more clean rags/paper towels. In the end some slivers remain, preventing more groups of <0.5" at 57 yards. I am considering buying an ultrasonic cleaner.

Any suggestions on getting these impressive pellets free of metallic debris?

Lou
Lammy1000

Re: Pellet Cleaning?

Postby Vakeiros on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:19 am

Hi,

i use to clean CP's, CPH's and CP HP with alcohol (the blue one don't know how do you call it) and when they're still wet i blow them with pressure air from a compressor then lub a tin of them with half a dozen drops of Krytech. it works....

regards
Vakeiros

Postby jlands on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:22 am

easy. get an old bowl and a strainer that WILL NOT BE USED FOR FOOD and some dish washing liquid. pour pellets in bowl. add dish washing liquid. cover with an inch or two of water. stir around with hand for a minute. pour pellets into strainer. wash under running water until you no longer see suds. pour pellets on paper towels to dry.

jared
I believe in gun control as long as I am the one controlling it. :)

jlands

Postby Lammy1000 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Great ideas. These methods will clean well and help reduce flyers from the small lead slivers.
Lammy1000

Return to Marauder Tuning and Adjusting