Evidence to not grease the hammer

The Benjamin Marauder air rifle can be tuned. You can adjust the trigger and the rifles velocities for different fill pressures.

Re: Evidence to not grease the hammer

Postby KROD » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 pm

There is a lube that our Marines use on their rifles and pistols in desert conditions. It is "MILTEC-1" and goes on wet (a very thin coat) then you take a hair dryer and heat the steel to 145 to 160 degrees, let cool wipe clean and do it again.
Look at the data on the web about MILTEC-1. It is amazing as the dry lube that penetrates the pores of the steel when heated.
I have not used it on my marauder but will on my next cleaning. I have used it on many auto pistols with great success. A 1 oz. bottle cost about $10.00 but 1 or 2 drops goes a long way.
KROD

Postby GLPalinkas » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:08 am

KROD wrote:There is a lube that our Marines use on their rifles and pistols in desert conditions. It is "MILTEC-1" and goes on wet (a very thin coat) then you take a hair dryer and heat the steel to 145 to 160 degrees, let cool wipe clean and do it again.
Look at the data on the web about MILTEC-1. It is amazing as the dry lube that penetrates the pores of the steel when heated......

I just bought some direct from Militec. Militec-1 in a 4oz bottle was $17.99 with free shipping. Test report to follow upon receipt.
Gary
SynRod .25
Discovery .22
GLPalinkas

Postby BDSKJChris » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:06 pm

I've never been a fan of "dry-lubes for firearms", I've been using slip2000 EWL for a long time and have tried many others and nothing has beaten it.

when I did my hammer I did not have any graphite or Teflon on hand so I improvised and used some EEZOX, it is a dry lube but I use it for long term storage/rust prevention. also works great for pocket knives.
BDSKJChris

Postby KROD » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:53 pm

I cleaned and lubed the hammer on my Marauder today with Miltec-1 and picked up 37 fps (771 before /808 after Miltec-1). I knew the correctly applied lube would be better but not this much. However it must be applied per the instructions (heating the lube and metal to 140/150 degrees with a hair dryer or heat gun). You heat let cool then apply again, heat let cool then reassemble the gun.
KROD

Previous

Return to Marauder Tuning and Adjusting