Help me tune my .22

The Benjamin Marauder air rifle can be tuned. You can adjust the trigger and the rifles velocities for different fill pressures.

Re: still shocked

Postby jlands on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:29 pm

avv604 wrote:Jared,

At group measuring 1.5" at 50 is pretty poor for these guns. If one doubles that for 100 yards, you have a 3" group. Not good at all. You may want to try changing the FPS or pellet. You should be getting close to .5" at 50 yards.

yeah i know the gun can shoot better than me. i need a good rest and i need more range time. i am at work so much that i can't practice like i want to. the pic below is the best 50 yard group i have ever shot. this is a 5 shot group with h&n barracuda's at about 865 fps. shot 1 is top left. shot 4 is top right. and shots 2, 3 and 5 is that ragged hole near the bulls eye. that's about .58" center to center.

but this group is far from the norm, and frustration sets in trying to duplicate. i guess me saying a i.5" average was just a little off the hip. it's more like 1"- 1.2", but i assure you i shoot more 1.5" groups then .5" groups. i spent the weekend lubing my barracuda pellets and they are ready to go. i also cleaned my barrel this weekend for the first time and man was it dirty. so i am itching to put some rounds through it. i just work to much to go to the range like i want to and my yard is too small to to safely shoot that range. to many blind spots to shoot from the front of house, along the side and to the back yard target.

jared
I believe in gun control as long as I am the one controlling it. :)

jlands

Postby ran007 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 pm

avv604 wrote:
jlands wrote:At group measuring 1.5" at 50 is pretty poor for these guns. If one doubles that for 100 yards, you have a 3" group. Not good at all. You may want to try changing the FPS or pellet. You should be getting close to .5" at 50 yards.

AVV604, what settings and pellet do you recommend then, for .5 groupings at 50 yards?
Randall
.22 Marauder, 80cf SCUBA Tank, Benjamin yoke adapter, Leapers 5th Gen 6-24x50. Pellet: H&N Baracuda Match 21.14gr, 5.51mm - 1/2" group @ 50 yards, 2400-1500psi.
ran007

Postby avv604 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 pm

ran007 wrote:
avv604 wrote:
jlands wrote:At group measuring 1.5" at 50 is pretty poor for these guns. If one doubles that for 100 yards, you have a 3" group. Not good at all. You may want to try changing the FPS or pellet. You should be getting close to .5" at 50 yards.

AVV604, what settings and pellet do you recommend then, for .5 groupings at 50 yards?

Greetings Ran007,

First, one must remember these rifles take a bit of work getting them to their best. I say that with respect and honesty. They are not an AA S410 or another rifle that is the "next step up." However, with that being side, they are capable of producing very good results as you have already seen. You might clean the barrel, perhaps? See if the 18g JSbs are better. Find out what shoots the absolute best in your rifle and use that.

Mine shoots Kodiaks and Barricudas very well, but it shoots the 16g Predators and the 18g JSBs very well.
Your shot group has many variables that are unseen by me. I use a gun vice to see about the best groups.

As far as FPS, I prefer the 900 area but I would take what I can get from these M-rods. If you shoot Barracudas and it is around 820 FPS, then that is what you shoot them at. Higher FPS means lower shot count. I have a regulator in my .177 and it works great. However, the regs were not meant for high power and people are becoming frustrated at the regulators. The M-rod design is not that of high efficiency and optimum power. It is one of a bit lower standards and designs so we can have a lower priced, well shooting rifle. :)

Hope that helps. :)
Blessings,
Jeff
avv604

Previous

Return to Marauder Tuning and Adjusting