Marauder did well this year

If you hunt with air guns, you can post your stories and pictures here.

Marauder did well this year

Postby professorjason on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:32 pm

I had a big problem with raccoons and skunks . I bought the benjamin marauder to alleviate this issue , this summer : 8 coons and 7 skunks (i do not live in the country) All were shot on my property (aprox 1 acre) in a suburban area
shot taken at aprox. 10 yards using beeman kodiaks 30. somthing grain @2600 psi, box stock marauder (in the ear shot)

professorjason

Re: Marauder did well this year

Postby hawkeye on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Looks like you use your Mrod the same as I use mine. Last year 6 raccoons, and 21 chipmunks. My Mrod is a .177 but at medium ranges (25 yards) I don't hestitate to take a raccoon if I can get a good head shot. With the Mrod and a well placed shot, it's "lights out" and good bye for the pests around my yard. How do you deal with the skunks? I would imagine a head shot would do it but is there problems with them spraying the area? I have a few in my area and I hestitate to shoot at them because i don't want to stink up the back yard.
hawkeye

Postby professorjason on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:10 pm

For skunks I take a lung shot and have had pretty good success , with a mrod 25 i will take a 25-30 yard shot MAX as it really needs to be a pass through shot . If you hit them right they will go down on there back immediately with all 4 pointed up but only for 3-5 seconds. At that point they will get up and wander 10 to 50 yards and drop without spraying (if shot placement is on ) I usually wait 30 min to an hour and then bag them up.
professorjason

Postby hawkeye on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks for the info...I'll keep stocked up with heavy lawn bags just in case I nail a skunk.
hawkeye

Return to Hunting - Warning Graphic Pictures!