MORNING EVISERATION

If you hunt with air guns, you can post your stories and pictures here.

MORNING EVISERATION

Postby luv4pits on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:48 am

:o 25.4 JSB "KING"! 50+ yards on these pest
Destroying our garden and fruit trees.
So many Sparrow's They Shit on all The Fruit and pick the bloom's off.

Header.
FAMILY FIRST
luv4pits

Re: MORNING EVISERATION

Postby chancers on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Goodness gracious! Eviseration and decapitation. Nice shooting. Looks like fun (well, not for the birdies). Do you leave the carcasses out to attract possums, rats, coons, or yotes?
chancers

Postby havoc on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:44 pm

That's awesome!
havoc

Postby luv4pits on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 pm

My queensland is too vigalant.I like it though. We got 5 Cow hearding dog ,
so nothing ventures to close. All the neighbors have dogs also.
I think I seen pig tracks in the river, It's my front yard 35yards out my front door.
Most stuff here stays hidden in all the olive, orange,pomagranets and stone fruit orchards around here.
I'm 500ft elavation population 140 and the only opossem I've seen is rd kill and I've never seen a coon in my whole life.
Vigilant powderburners out this way. :lol: Plenty bird's and squirrles.
FAMILY FIRST
luv4pits

Postby NeuRon on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:35 am

I tell you what, pitts, you have me really wanting to try to get away with using the .25 instead of the .22. Even being louder, I sure could use the added accuracy and knowing that the nutter will drop straight down and not move.

I have a very specific pest problem that has come up again with a person. They have an old chimney that is walled off inside the house, but the stack was never capped (just a tin, round rain-cover). The roof is pitched so steep, and the shingles so old that the grit comes loose underfoot, so trying to cap the old stack is a dangerous job until the roof is replaced. I took care of a squirrel that made the stack it's home. It was my first job for the Mrod. After a couple of years of vacancy, another one has found it cozy. It's a 22-25 yard shot, which is currently just at the limit of my .22 Mrod's accuracy with Polymags. Can't afford to injure it and have it go die in the chimney. I know the TT .25 could stick a Polymag on a specific whisker at that range, and take out everything behind that whisker (and leave a dent in the tin).

Or maybe I should just get some big-headed (5.54) pellets to ensure the needed accuracy out of the .22 until the LW barrel arrives. I'm just spoiled with the Polymags and don't want to switch for pest control.

NeuRon

Postby luv4pits on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:02 pm

With an accurate pellet in your 22. A Brain shot is a brain shot,
Dead is Dead and that, in the end =(Fun) or as some call it pesting. :D
Now go shoot that damb thing and post a pic. :lol:
Good Shooting
FAMILY FIRST
luv4pits

Postby mlee on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 pm

NeuRon wrote:I tell you what, pitts, you have me really wanting to try to get away with using the .25 instead of the .22. Even being louder, I sure could use the added accuracy and knowing that the nutter will drop straight down and not move.

I have a very specific pest problem that has come up again with a person. They have an old chimney that is walled off inside the house, but the stack was never capped (just a tin, round rain-cover). The roof is pitched so steep, and the shingles so old that the grit comes loose underfoot, so trying to cap the old stack is a dangerous job until the roof is replaced. I took care of a squirrel that made the stack it's home. It was my first job for the Mrod. After a couple of years of vacancy, another one has found it cozy. It's a 22-25 yard shot, which is currently just at the limit of my .22 Mrod's accuracy with Polymags. Can't afford to injure it and have it go die in the chimney. I know the TT .25 could stick a Polymag on a specific whisker at that range, and take out everything behind that whisker (and leave a dent in the tin).

Or maybe I should just get some big-headed (5.54) pellets to ensure the needed accuracy out of the .22 until the LW barrel arrives. I'm just spoiled with the Polymags and don't want to switch for pest control.

Crow mags in my experience works just as well inside 50 yards. And they are ridiculously accurate in my Mrod 22.
mlee

Return to Hunting - Warning Graphic Pictures!