NEED ADVICE ON TANKS

If you hunt with air guns, you can post your stories and pictures here.

NEED ADVICE ON TANKS

Postby SHANEDOG on Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 am

Hi All
I have a aluminium scuba tank to fill my rig,however I have arthritis in my hands and arms,so whenever I want to go hunting I have to wrestle the tank into my truck,quit painful.Is there a decently priced carbon fiber tank out there that I can buy???
And what size would recomend?? Thanks!! :D

I zapped some pigeons with the Mrod last weekend.

SHANEDOG

Re: NEED ADVICE ON TANKS

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu May 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi Shanedog, Not sure what your budget is but there is a mini carbon fiber 4500 psi tank available from Airhog, it's perfect for hunting trips. Unfortunately, carbon fiber SCBA tanks are somewhat pricier than SCUBA tanks. http://www.airhog.com/mini_tanks.htm Hope this helps. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby adamsr. on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:20 pm

you could look on ebay at the fireman air tanks,and buy a fill fitting form Joe off of the yellow..you could go with a 30,45 or 60 min tank..i have the airhog tank with the carry strap and have almost $700 in it...if i was to do it all over again ,id talk to Joe he is running a special now $325 for the whole set up but it has about 5 years left on it...hope that this helps you out.....adam
adamsr.

Postby Supercharged86 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:58 am

adamsr. wrote:you could look on ebay at the fireman air tanks,and buy a fill fitting form Joe off of the yellow..you could go with a 30,45 or 60 min tank..i have the airhog tank with the carry strap and have almost $700 in it...if i was to do it all over again ,id talk to Joe he is running a special now $325 for the whole set up but it has about 5 years left on it...hope that this helps you out.....adam

The carbon fiber SCBA 4.5 bottle is a great container vessel with it's total volume of 45, 65 and 87 SCF, it's what I use but I'm in the fire service, so it's a no brainer. Eventhough they're considerably lighter than a SCUBA they still aren't condusive for carrying (for field and hunt use). I think Shanedog was looking for a much smaller and lighter CF tank for the ease of portabitlity. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Return to Hunting - Warning Graphic Pictures!