KICKING TAIL FEATHERS WITH THE MROD

If you hunt with air guns, you can post your stories and pictures here.

KICKING TAIL FEATHERS WITH THE MROD

Postby SHANEDOG on Mon May 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi All
Went out today with my new Centerpoint 4-16 Scope (I have three) and my new AR stock.
I zapped a bunch,I picked up 12 off the ground,but I had at least 10 get center punched
and do the low slow flyaway to feed my coyotes.I switched to the JSB 18.1 grain Dome pellets
and this really made a difference,they are real accurate out of the Mrod and they hit hard.
The Teryx stock is great for shooting up onto the silo,I lenghten the stock and close it if I
am shooting down or in a confined space. I am still trying different pellets,but my best so
far are the Premier 14.3 domed and the JSB heavy,I also zapped a bunch of starlings.
The heavier pellets worked well in the wind,I needed that because this farm is like a
wind tunnel. :lol:

SHANEDOG

Re: KICKING TAIL FEATHERS WITH THE MROD

Postby dogwood on Mon May 31, 2010 7:35 pm

Good work :D

The new stock looks great
dogwood

Postby wahoowad on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:29 am

Good job. Thanks for the post and the pics. I hope to find a farmer with an infested barn and do the same.
wahoowad

Postby Lyle on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:29 am

Hey Shanedog, I had picked up some pigeon decoys off the internet. A little pricey but they work great for decoying the pigeons into a ground blind or hide :twisted: . The website is www.soarnomore.com.
Lyle

Postby DaveShooter on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:56 am

SHANEDOG wrote:Hi All
Went out today with my new Centerpoint 4-16 Scope (I have three) and my new AR stock.
I zapped a bunch,I picked up 12 off the ground,but I had at least 10 get center punched
and do the low slow flyaway to feed my coyotes.I switched to the JSB 18.1 grain Dome pellets
and this really made a difference,they are real accurate out of the Mrod and they hit hard.
The Teryx stock is great for shooting up onto the silo,I lenghten the stock and close it if I
am shooting down or in a confined space. I am still trying different pellets,but my best so
far are the Premier 14.3 domed and the JSB heavy,I also zapped a bunch of starlings.
The heavier pellets worked well in the wind,I needed that because this farm is like a
wind tunnel. :lol: Now that what I'm talking about. Nice looking stock on your Mrod :D

DaveShooter

Postby bowhunt on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Great shooting! Try some Predators...no more fly-offs.
bowhunt

Return to Hunting - Warning Graphic Pictures!