Some of the pics from 2010 summer dispatches ..

If you hunt with air guns, you can post your stories and pictures here.

Some of the pics from 2010 summer dispatches ..

Postby ricke333 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:26 pm

http://picasaweb.google.com/ricke333/No ... directlink

MRod .22 rocks ...
No did not shoot the deer with my MRod...
Some of the dispatches was with a Benny Trail XL but the gun broke and was replaced with a MRod
Last edited by ricke333 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
ricke333

Re: Some of the pics from 2010 summer dispatches ..

Postby steveinla on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:28 pm

If you like the .22, then try thhe .25. It's a beast! :D

It looks like you are doing quite well with your .22 Mrod. Is it stock? Did you modify it at all? Do any tuning? I ask because there are many people who are stating that their .22 Mrods are lousy out of the box. Some get lucky and get good rifles out of the box. I don't know what to believe? :? My .25 Marauder came with a Green Mountain barrell and shoots very well. I tuned it for max power and I added a depinger along with removing the attorney trigger spring from the trigger group. What a great air rifle! :D I too have bagged a bunch of criters.

Thanks for sharing Ricke333
Steve
p.s. ShootingChrony Inc. is a terrible company to deal with. Buy a Pro Chrono by Competition Electronics...they're made in the U.S.A.
steveinla

Re: Some of the pics from 2010 summer dispatches ..

Postby ricke333 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:03 am

I am waiting to get my scuba tank and then I am going to install a depinger. I don't want to have recharge the reservoir again! LOL, just about kick this ol' mans behind! Otherwise, I pumped it up to 2500 psi, sighted it in and started thumping varmints right and left. Thumped 2 squirrels Friday evening, 2 more yesterday and a feral cat last night. Posted the pics this morning too. I just thumped another squirrel while I was writing this ... ;) Love head shots just behind the ear .... One of the reasons I bought this gun was for the quick follow up shots ... very rarely do I have to use a follow up shot cuz the excellent qualities of the gun. :D

From what I understand from the research I have been doing on the depinger, looks like I only need a 2-3" piece of vinyl hose and then put the short piece of hose half way done the air reservoir. Is that research correct? Some folks are using a mr. clean magic eraser and a bit of aluminum screen for the depinger too. What method did you use for your depinger? :?:

You posted that you mod the trigger. Man alive, I find the first stage to be like cutting butter with a hot knife. Very light pull until I get to the 2nd stage. The 2nd stage is short and crisp. Very consistent every time I pull the trigger too. I find the trigger on the marauder to be "all good" IMHO. :)

Some of the things that I would like to modify is the stock. Love the AR-15 look but not really sure about the guy making em. Perception is that he is really busy or really slow getting the product to his client. Could be wrong about that perception too.. 8-)
ricke333

Return to Hunting - Warning Graphic Pictures!