.22 Marauder takes on RATS!!!!

If you hunt with air guns, you can post your stories and pictures here.

.22 Marauder takes on RATS!!!!

Postby tjbryner on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:51 pm

I have been plagued by mice and rats for the last few days. To the southeast about 37 yds is an old empty house, Everybody told me no way would rats or mice be in there do to a lack of food.

Well tonight I put a small bag of dog food right out side the building that they won't be in, 1 hour after dark 1 kill.....

I wounder what they will say about this in the morning. I keep telling them that rats and mice were here way before us, so why do they need our scraps to live?

Well its been an hour so off to bedroom window for a check over there were no rodents will be :lol:

Well an hour passed and 1 more down :!:
Wish I could get video of this it's wild. You can see the pellet go just about 1/3 of the way down and then the blood splatter.
What a great night to be bonding with my Rifle.

Distance on the 2nd rat was 42yds.
Wind 2.2 mph blowing from right to left
Humidity 89%
Temp 51.5 F
Rel Pressure29.64
tjbryner

Re: .22 Marauder takes on RATS!!!!

Postby diarmadhim on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:55 am

Nice! You are absolutely right, rats and mice are not necessarily dependent on humans, they are very good at making it without us.

Who says 42yd shot on a rat...good shooting! After our move I hope to get some more shooting in, sage rats and whatnot.

diarmadhim

Location: Small town Southern Oregon soon to be small town Central Oregon

Postby tjbryner on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:40 am

I really wish I didn't have to shoot them......Not that it isn't a ton of fun, But they have made tunnels all threw the stone walls holding my house up.

So Now I'm thinking about zeroing my laser for 10yds and spending a few hours in the basement tonight.
tjbryner

Postby diarmadhim on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 pm

diarmadhim wrote:Who says 42yd shot on a rat...good shooting!

Haha that made no sense! I guess I decided not to finish my thought. I was thinking about everything I've read about the .22's accuracy being suspect.

diarmadhim

Postby tjbryner on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:12 am

Hey it took me a while to figure it out but, I did!!

I feel that most of the problems were the optics more so then barrels. Most of the post I have seen they sent the whole package deal back and got a new one.

I wish they had tried a different scope on it first, My scope cost about what the gun did, Am I stupid? (with out asking my wife) Nope. I just know that the optics make or break a great weapon. Head shots all night on rats and MICE at 35-45 yds. That is a great set up, But you can't do it with out a good package. IE... Marauder and great scope.

PS next scope will be a ..... :!:
http://www.elcansportingoptics.com/
tjbryner

Postby diarmadhim on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:35 pm

$1400 !! :shock:

diarmadhim

Return to Hunting - Warning Graphic Pictures!