Hunting with Masked Marauder

If you hunt with air guns, you can post your stories and pictures here.

Hunting with Masked Marauder

Postby sacshooter on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:25 pm

I got a call today telling me I must go squirrel hunting this afternoon at the vineyard with the masked Marauder.

It is pretty cool to get a call saying I got the air and the pellets just grab your gun. I decided to take the s410 since the .25 Marauder got 65% of the love during the fun shoot on Sunday.

We had a great time. A few squirrels, along with many empty shot gun shell casings were killed today. ( I used to post pictures, but not so much anymore). The first and the last squirrels taken were the most memorable.

The First was taken at around 85 yards, I ranged him with the scope then I dialed in 10 MOA on the turret and let him have it. The hit was upper body he rolled down the bank, then managed to crawled back up. In the scope I could see the red where I hit him and I could tell he was pretty much done, but I had to make sure so I hit him again and down the hill he rolled. Later I walked over to see him and I found him floating about 2 inches below the water line.

The last squirrel of the day was a big female at only 30 yards. I checked the turret to ensure it was back at 0 so I knew it was set for a 50 yard zero. Since the squirrel was only about 30 yards I knew I’d hit ¾ high so I held under and let her have it. Smack, the end. I showed MM the kill and he agreed it was a big dead squirrel.

After that we used our shooting skills to kill shotgun shells left behind by dove hunters. We took turns standing them up, then shot them till they were out of view.
What a great afternoon…

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Re: Hunting with Masked Marauder

Postby Supercharged86 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 pm

The two of you should be institutionalized! He He :lol: Glad to see you guys are having fun. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Return to Hunting - Warning Graphic Pictures!