What else needed for 6000 psi Nitrogen setup?

Information about fill options for PCP air guns.

What else needed for 6000 psi Nitrogen setup?

Postby wahoowad on Tue May 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi folks. I could use some advice on what else is needed (specific parts and costs) to make use of a 6000 psi Nitrogen tank setup. I was quoted a deal with a $36 annual rental and $138 refills. That would give me 488 cf of 6000 psi Nitrogen to use in my extended reservoir .25 Marauder I have ordered from Greg Davis. I was told the tank will come with a 677 CGA valve and I will need a hi-pressure regulator and whatever fittings needed to go from that to the gun. I'm pretty regulator/tank fitting ignorant so any help is appreciated. I live in a small town so don't have many options. This sounds like a good deal provided the upfront cost for the regulator/fittings aren't too much.

Thanks!

oh yeah, I had asked them for a 4500 psi tank as I thought it was smaller and more manageable to manhandle around my garage but was told the tank is the same.
wahoowad

Re: What else needed for 6000 psi Nitrogen setup?

Postby Supercharged86 on Tue May 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey Wahoowad, you should be able to get everything you need here: http://www.hamcontact.com/airgun/HoseAssembly/. Although there are a few other sites, they all seem to be about the same price. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby alhefner on Wed May 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Wahoowad, If you're getting the nitrogen setup from a welding supply...the regulators they sell will do the job very nicely! You can set the output to exactly the pressure you want for the Mrod and the gauges will tell you how much is left in the tank.

As for hoses and fittings, if there is a "Hose and fittings" type place that sells to commercial operations like equipment repair or factories, just take the regulator and the Mrod's foster fitting both to them and say "I need a 6000 PSI hose to go from this to that". Tell them that smaller is better! That gives you even more control and less gas loss. When you get the valves from your welding supply house, look for ones that will allow a pressure release.
alhefner

Postby Walx on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 pm

wahoowad
Did you ever get this setup working on the gun? If so do you have a list of parts? Is nitrogen safe in these guns?
Walx

Postby wahoowad on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Nitrogen is safe but I never got a Nitrogen tank. Lack of availability in my area. I'm using a large scuba tank with my FX PCP. And I'm still waiting (since April) for my Greg Davis Marauder. To be honest, I don't even want it anymore.
wahoowad

Postby Walx on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Hate to hear you having to wait so long on your gun. I am trying to decide what kind of tank to get. I have no place close to fill a scuba and the person I talked to with the fire department said get a Scba and we'll see. Said if he could fill it it wouldn't be on a regular basis. I figured I could get a local welding supply store to either fill nitrogen tank or at least exchange it for a full one. It would most likely be filled to 3500 psi instead of 6000 but that would be ok.
Walx

Postby wahoowad on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:45 pm

it's a lot of different options to figure out, isn't it?

I got into air guns fast, spent a bunch of money, now am not so int to them. I'm glad I didn't invest in Nitrogen setup. I have yet to refill my scuba tank. I went from airguns back into powder burning guns. Fortunately for me I can get scuba filled locally. Be absolutely sure on the Nitrogen fills before you go that route. And your fire dept. source for SCBA fills sounds iffy. Mine turned me down.
wahoowad

Postby ZanderJay on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:44 pm

I spent money with Nitrogen setup. This might be good because the air gun can work faster. In a regular basis, I think it's a good deal to have a simple setup where you can allocate your budget.
My seo
ZanderJay

Postby Joe Brancato on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Hey, thanks for letting everyone know about me. I appreciate it. FYI, I have updated my website address. If you go to the old one, it will still point you to the new one, but thought I'd post the new information here so you can more easily find it.

New site is http://www.AirTanksForSale.com

FYI; This is my Nitrogen hose setup. 3 Foot Stainless Steel Hose Assembly with 0.070 inch ID micro-bore hose, strain relief at each end and Stainless Steel "Foster" type quick fill on the end , Stainless Steel Glycerin Filled Gauge that reads BAR & PSI, Highest Quality Stainless Steel Bleeder, and Stainless Steel Connector = $169 + $14.50 shipped priority mail and insured.
$30 COUPON/DISCOUNT FOR FORUM READERS. I will deduct $30 from the cost of the Hose Assembly, but you MUST mention this forum when ordering/paying.

You can either email me, or call 714-612-5956

Here is a similar setup (for SCBA) with regulator. I am having a special on Regulators (just got a bunch in). Useful for filling airguns or paintball tanks from a 6000 PSI tank, or if you wish to shoot your rifle from a bench while tethered to your air tank so that you have a constant fill pressure (great for big bore rifles too!). Also fill your smaller air tank from a large 6000 PSI tank more safely.
Joe Brancato 714-612-5956

For Air Tanks, Custom Hoses, Fittings, Gauges, etc.
please click here http://www.AirTanksForSale.com

Joe Brancato

Return to Tanks & Pumps