benji plump

Information about fill options for PCP air guns.

benji plump

Postby deeze » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:39 pm

the pump is two weeks old replaced the#30 s seal twice vacuum on the up stroke but now it has very little pressure on the down stroke please help I can't shoot
deeze

Re: benji plump

Postby deeze » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:14 am

Nobody?
deeze

Postby SHOOTINIT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:22 am

nobody awake
99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Postby AlanMcD » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:58 am

Don't really know what to tell you, other than you have to go into it again - Benji pumps are notorious for issues like this . . . .

BTW, although it feels like a vacuum on the upstroke, it is just the opposite - too much pressure it the second stage of compression. These pumps run a total of 4 stages in the two strokes, with two thing happening in each stroke. The up stroke draws air into the pump and also does the second stage of compression, while the down stroke does the first and third stages of compression, with the third stage exiting the check valve into the fill hose and your gun.

Your problem is probably still with that same o-ring. It acts a both the seal for the third stage and a check valve on the second stage of compression. One of the bad things that happens when it goes is that you end up building up air in the first to second stage compression, and it eventually becomes too hard to pull up. It feels like a vacuum pulling the handle back down, but it is really the pressure in the second stage building without the third stage being able to clear the air out of the pump - so the pressure on the upstroke (second stage) actually exceeds what the pump can generate on third stage. And since it becomes harder to pull up than push down, it feels like a vacuum.

Other than explain things, I can't help other than to say you have to keep rebuilding it until it stops destroying that critical o-ring. If you can return it, I would recommend getting a Hill pump instead - well worth the few extra bucks. It still needs maintenance, but nothing like the Benji pump. If you don't overheat it, then you can just rebuild and clean it every few years per the manufacturers recommendation.
AlanMcD

Postby SHOOTINIT » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:10 am

took me 5 minutes to realize there is a scuba bottle in my future.lol
99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Postby deeze » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks mcd I'm going back in
deeze

Postby RayK » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:13 am

If you read much on this forum, it is clear the benji pump is to be avoided. Hill is the good one and is only $100 more. You will recoup that in repair time and saved frustration.

Friends don't let their friends buy a benji pump.

Ray

PS scba tanks are ideal way to go.
25 M-rod X 2, 22 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns 4 bullpup, 177 M-rod, 22 P-rod just arrived from Pyramyd Air
RayK

Postby deeze » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am

Thanks Ray
deeze

Postby LDP » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:36 pm

I to bought a benji pump with my 25 mrod. I decided to try it after reading reviews and some people saying it is still working well. I figured maybe the largest problem with them was improper use. WRONG! Lol i had it two weeks and it never really seemed to work from the start. First use it had problems with that oring. It would work then build that pressure not allowing the handle to raise then clear up and work again. Monday it finally failed and never did release that pressure to allow the handle to raise. That pump was babied and pumped slow and it was not used allot in those 2 weeks and it still failed that fast. It is on the way back to PA and the hill pump will be at my door tuesday:)
LDP

Postby deeze » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:59 pm

It really sucks not being able to shoot.... I sent the pump back for refund they sent me a new pump miscommunication I guess anyway I went with the air ventruri carbon fiber 4500 psi 90 cu in tank
deeze

Next

Return to Tanks & Pumps