Benjamin 90 CI Air Tank

Information about fill options for PCP air guns.

Benjamin 90 CI Air Tank

Postby Marauder25 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Got a 4500 psi air tank from Benjamin for my Marauder. :D Seems pretty good quality except the gauge reads air station fill pressure and not what left in the tank afterwards unless you have a deadhead plug for the line. Not a big negative though and it's so convenient for fills at the rifle range. Nice gloss finish. I found a carry handle and rubber tank protectors for about $23. Here's a picture
Last edited by Marauder25 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marauder25

Re: Benjamin 90 CC Air Tank

Postby eelect » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Nice setup but having no gage for tank preasure is not good

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
Great Heavy Duty Target Holder For Sale
Evanix RS II .22
Benjamin Mrod .177 for sale!
Hawke 6.5-20x42 Sidewinder Tactical scope
Hawke Varmint SF 4-16x42

eelect

Re: Benjamin 90 CC Air Tank

Postby Marauder25 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:22 am

Really not sure why skipping that feature was done by Crosman. Maybe to lower cost? Though If I'm not sure I can use a deadhead plug for about $25 with the existing gauge and see the pressure left by charging up the line but it would have been nicer and more efficient to have the dual gauge setup . Not a big problem for me as I'm using it for now with one gun and it's not difficult to remember how many times the charged tank can refill the gun. However, if Crosman puts this same gauge on their bigger tank like the larger 38" version they plan to release soon or If I need to refill different multiple guns then it would be a pain to plan ahead and you'd have to use a deadhead plug to charge the line for a measurement or upgrade the gauge. We'll as for me, I'm happy with the rest of the features and it works out well for my trips to the range with my Marauder. For all those interested about the carry handle and edge protectors I used. These are the two items I used in the links below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171058432305

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300905740048

I cut out the rubber protectors ends from the paintball tank cover and then I tightened the carry handle straps over the ends to make it a good hold. Because I didn't want to take the valve off the tank I had to cut two small slits in the rubber protector which you can't see to make it fit over the top part of the gauge. This all can help the tank from rolling too easily and knocking the fill hose and connection. I was also going to use some velcro straps or some better strap to secure the hose end. It seems this setup would make the tank look nice with black synthetic stock used like with the Marauder pistol or newer Marauder rifles coming out. I would like to have a second one :P
Marauder25

Return to Tanks & Pumps