Went with a Joe B.

Information about fill options for PCP air guns.

Went with a Joe B.

Postby AwesomeAnt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Once again i find myself say "what took me so long?". I said screw it and picked up a Joe B. Guppy. When I opened the box I was glad I did! It is beautiful, nice long hose with double disconnect. 2 gauges makes it EZ to know what pressure is where. It's set @3000 psi I think, but easily stopped @2600 keeping close to the sweet spot. Would be silly to waste 400psi till you got to the flat spot in your curve. And Joe is a real gentleman. If I got the air Venturi I would have got sick from the lack of helpful features.

I work outside and it was 100 degrees in the sun today. If I had to pump there is noway I would have been able to shot 120 rounds in under 1/2 hour. And the tank fill spot is 2 miles from the range. :D Which is all on the way home from work. :D
Mrod .25 Hawke tac30 6.5-20x42
Prod PB177 tuned 6x18-40 simmons
AwesomeAnt

Re: Went with a Joe B.

Postby oldpro » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:57 am

I bought Joes stuff and its just top notch and he answered all my dumb ass questions with respect super guy.
oldpro

Postby RayK » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:22 am

There are a few who badmouth Joe on another forums but I don't understand why.

I have always had great experience with him and recommend him to anyone looking for fill set-ups. He is very smart, has utmost integrity, and is very professional. He does not cut corners either. His stuff is not cheap, but I am frugal and I tried to find the same stuff cheaper and was not successful. He has really specialized in fill set-ups and I doubt there is anyone selling tanks that is more knowledgable than he is about them.

I have also heard people badmouth Tim at Mac1, but I really like him too and have learned a few things from him.

Some have badmouthed Mike at Citrus and I like him too and have learned a great deal from him (some of which I can't share because it is his proprietary info). I have been very impressed with the machine work I got from him.

I remember reading about some unhappy with Paul in N.Tx, but there are many who are very happy with his work.

In all my experiences with Internet folks, I've only run across two folks who went south and both got banned for a short while. Both came back and were no problem after that. Maybe they were just having caffeine withdrawl or just had a fight with the wife or kids.

We get to vote with our money and what we say on forums like these.

I have had very bad luck getting an accurate 22 barrel from Crosman, but I own 5 Marauders and overall, I really like them. I just pay the price to get an aftermarket barrel.

Ray
25 M-rod X 2, 22 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns 4 bullpup, 177 M-rod, 22 P-rod just arrived from Pyramyd Air
RayK

Postby strever » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:59 am

and i thought i was the only one with a bunch (6) of Mrods Ray :D

RayK wrote: I own 5 Marauders and overall, I really like them.
Ray
Dick
It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

too many guns to list with a 255 character limit
from .177 springer to big bore

strever

Postby RayK » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:41 am

strever wrote:and i thought i was the only one with a bunch (6) of Mrods Ray :D

You win Dick! I only have 5.
Two 25 M-rods
One 22 M-rod
One 22 P-rod (which just arrived from PA yesterday)
One 177 M-rod

I also have a Diana 54 in 22 caliber that shoots well for a springer. I fully tuned it and installed a lower powered spring from Maccari and now I can shoot it very accurately. I could never shoot magnum springers (with maximum power spring) well, unless I bench-rested them on a foam cushion, and that is why I switched to PCP. I've owned several other springers, but they are all gone now. I can't remember the last time I shot my 54. It is just too loud to shoot in any urban setting.

I bought one of the first P-rods produced and had it for several years, but traded it to a great kid for the 177 M-rod. I missed my P-rod in less than a few days and ordered another as soon as PA had their 10%off and free shipping sale. I only buy from them when they have one of those promotions.

I'd buy another if they had one - like a 30 caliber. I know they made the Rogue, but my buddy bought one and it shoots groups that barely fit inside of a dinner plate at 50 yards. No thanks... I only keep airguns that are accurate and if they are not, I'm going to figure out how to make it accurate. And if I can't, I'm getting rid of it.

Ray
25 M-rod X 2, 22 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns 4 bullpup, 177 M-rod, 22 P-rod just arrived from Pyramyd Air
RayK

Postby strever » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Ray
i wasn't counting my Prod :D
i got one of the .30 cal barrels from Sean over on GTA http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=44889.0
planning on dropping it in one of the (3) .25 cal along with one of A2A's valves and use one of the Teryx stocks for my version of a .30 cal Rogue :D
Dick
It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

too many guns to list with a 255 character limit
from .177 springer to big bore

strever

Postby RayK » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:56 pm

I can't wait to hear about your custom 30 caliber Marauder. That would appeal to me more than that electronic rogue.

Does Sean say what barrel blank he uses for the 30 caliber barrel to fit the M-rod?

Ray
RayK

Return to Tanks & Pumps