Dirty reservoir

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Dirty reservoir

Postby zen0s on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi guys, while I was moding my Mrod, I noticed the reservoir was pretty dirty. It looked moisture has gotten inside the reservoir some how, and front of the pressure gauge adapter was covered with rust and grey stuff.

Has anyone run into this kind of issue when you opened up the reservoir? Not sure if this is normal? Probably too late to make exchange but just wanted to know if others have same issue?

*update*
hmmm... after reading post, i'm really worried now :S

http://www.network54.com/Forum/581291/t ... ssure+Tube.

if you scroll down, you can see the picture where it's pitting pretty bad. That's the same area where gauge adapter started to rust on my Mrod. Last thing I want is, this thing blowing up in my face.....
Last edited by zen0s on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zen0s

Re: Dirty reservoir

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Sung, are you using a hand pump for your air source? If so, I believe heat and moisture are a byproduct of all the pumping action. Where as bottled air (SCBA, SCUBA) is filtered, dried air free of all contaminates. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby zen0s on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:Sung, are you using a hand pump for your air source? If so, I believe heat and moisture are a byproduct of all the pumping action. Where as bottled air (SCBA, SCUBA) is filtered, dried air free of all contaminates. Steve

yeah, hand pump is only option i have :( wish i could get one of those fancy tank but they are way too expensive and has limited lifetime which sucks...

well at least i now know it's normal from using hand pump :P Thank you Steve!
zen0s

Postby spysir on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:50 pm

zen0s wrote:
Supercharged86 wrote:Sung, are you using a hand pump for your air source? If so, I believe heat and moisture are a byproduct of all the pumping action. Where as bottled air (SCBA, SCUBA) is filtered, dried air free of all contaminates. Steve

yeah, hand pump is only option i have :( wish i could get one of those fancy tank but they are way too expensive and has limited lifetime which sucks...

well at least i now know it's normal from using hand pump :P Thank you Steve!

One of those "fancy" scuba tanks used should run right at $100.00, a yoke off ebay is $35.00 and you get clean air. If you already have a problem do not just let it go, either send it back to crosman or remove said part and coat it as well as the entire inside of the tune with a thin coat of divers grease which should take care of things.

John
spysir

Postby zen0s on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah, I contacted crosman. They called me this morning saying engineers wanted to take a look at it, also they said they will still cover the repair under warranty even though I opened it. Their customer support lives up to the expectation :)

Area I live has absolutely no diver shop that will fill tank unless I go out of county... Too much trouble :( I think I might give hill pump with dry pac a try. I think people have good experiences with them.
zen0s

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions