How is Barrel Shroud Spacer held on?

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

How is Barrel Shroud Spacer held on?

Postby kidcurrie on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm looking to remove the part listed as #27 Spacer, Barrel Shroud in the parts list. I want to remove it so I can see the condition of the end of the barrel and see if it needs work. I thought it might just slide off but doesn't seem to. Can someone tell me how they've removed it?
thx,
Craig
kidcurrie

Re: How is Barrel Shroud Spacer held on?

Postby Bruce Jarrett on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Put a open end wrench on the narrow part of it and tap it off. It's is just pressed on with a snug fit. Lightly tap it back on.
Bruce Jarrett

Postby kidcurrie on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:19 am

I was hoping that's all it was.
Thanks,
Craig
kidcurrie

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:48 pm

How'd you make out Craig? Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby diarmadhim on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:17 pm

ditto! I've been thinking about this myself. I'm interested to see what you've found.

diarmadhim

Location: Small town Southern Oregon soon to be small town Central Oregon

Postby kidcurrie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46 pm

The end of the bore had a burr on it where it looks like they make a small chamfer. I stuck a q-tip into the bore and the burr would shave off the stem. Not what you want to happen to pellets leaving the barrel. I cleaned it up by hand turning a dremel grinding tool (cone shaped) and then polished up with a dremel felt polishing cone with compound. Haven't had a chance to get to range to check out yet but i'm hoping it cuts down on the fliers i was getting. Should have taken pics but i didn't.
Also cleaned the barrel while i had apart. I was amazed at how much crap came out. I just used patches with break-free clp and it took 12-15 patches to come out clean.
kidcurrie

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions