hammer spring from amazon

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

hammer spring from amazon

Postby frankie g » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Hey guys. Just changed my stock hammer spring with a 10 pound one from amazon. Its from
Alliance hobby. First had to dremel the I.D. to even get it on. Put it back together properly.
Pretty sure and now the bolt doesn't pull back far enough to cycle the rounds or fire
any ideas? Spring to long?
frankie g

Re: hammer spring from amazon

Postby caniborrowsomeammo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:48 pm

I believe free length should be 2.5 inches. Have you backed out HS (1/4 inch hex) CCW?
caniborrowsomeammo

Postby Crusher75060 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Did you dremel the I.D. on both ends? Check fit into hammer end and hex bolt end? Sounds like the spring may be binding somehow and bunching up and preventing full travel.

Crusher
"The secret to being remembered, is to first live a life worth remembering." Bruce Lee

Crusher75060

Postby frankie g » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:14 am

Thanks guys for the help. Feel a little stupid but you were right crusher. Good call.
frankie g

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions