Solutions - Bad Valve - Bad Regulator

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Solutions - Bad Valve - Bad Regulator

Postby Bob La Londe » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:00 pm

I was planning to shoot some over Christmas. My dad and my uncle both came, and we spent some time in the back yard shooting PCPs.

Sadly a week or so before Christmas the fill adaptor for my Air Venturri pony tank sprung a leak around the valve stem while I was adjusting the .25 Marauder. The stock guage on that gun was worse than any I had ever seen, but fortunately I had ordered spares from McMaster when I regulated the .177. I swapped the gage and hand pumped the gun. My shot string changed dramatically indicating the regulator on the bottle had not been putting out anywhere near its rated 2900 PSI.

I contacted Pyramid Air, and the emailed me a shipping tag to return the bad tank and the bad fill adaptor. Since I might have need to adjust the .25 to shoot from 3200 in the future I decided I didn't want a replacement. They are just going to give me a refund. I finally got it shipped yesterday. I'll order a larger tank with a slow flow valve when everybody gets back from the holidays and gets back to taking care of customers again.

After that I would fill the .25 directly from my compressor since it had a gauge that was within a couple hundred pounds now, but I had to fill my other guns with the Xisico hand pump to be safe. I had to hand pump the .177 Marauder as its McMaster gauge shows regulated side pressure, not fill pressure. I also had to hand pump the BAM!-50 since it doesn't have a gauge at all.

Even having to hand pump 2 out of the three guns was quite tiring when you have 3-4 guys shooting for hours. LOL.

Anyway, in the mean time I ordered some high pressure rated parts from McMaster. They must have arrived on Christmas Eve, but I didn't find them on the step of my office until late Christmas Day. I also stopped by Harbor Freight, and picked up a couple 5000 PSI high pressure gauges they were closing out for about $11. I used them along with the gun fill extension hose I had made over at CSC to make a pressure manifold for filling guns. The extension hose is and fittings are normally used on pressure washers and are only rated for 3000 PSI so I can't use it for filling a tank, but it will be fine for filling guns directly from my compressor now. I have a nice big gauge I can keep an eye on when I fill so I know when to shut the compressor off. I just filled all three guns in about 20 minutes.

Pictures of my high pressure fill manifold.
Overview: http://allairgunners.com/gun-chat/index ... view;pic=5
Manifold: http://allairgunners.com/gun-chat/index ... view;pic=6

Later on when I can get a chance I'll swap the hose and the quick couplers for higher pressure rated items so I don't accidentally blow something up, but they work for filling guns just fine for now. Yes that gauge says 3200. That's the .25 and I plan to tune it for a higher fill. I'ld like to get a string shooting 31 grain domed pellets at 900+ to 930. I may tune for even heavier pellets in the future.

FYI: I don't recall which one, but I emailed one of the air tank guys a couple weeks ago now I guess. He doesn't have an e-commerce site. Its just a "call or email" site. I was going to buy a similar fill manifold from him, but I never heard back from him. Good thing I ordered some of the parts to make my own.
CNC Molds N Stuff
http://www.cncmolds.com

.177 XSB50
.177 Srod Reg-Extnsn-Prt .1405
.25 Srod Sprg & Hmr
.22 Hatsan 155
.177 NP BLECH!
.177 Metal Daisy 880
.177 Plastic Daisy 880
.177 Crosman 760 Plastic Alu Spring Guide
.22 Crosman Model 1
Bob La Londe

Re: Solutions - Bad Valve - Bad Regulator

Postby Bob La Londe » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:53 am

FYI: Other than not being able to get FedEx to pickup the return process was pretty easy. PA sent me a shipping label. I dropped it off at a FedEx shipper in town when I had a chance. PA said 7-10 days after they got it back, but the money was put back on my credit card in about 4 from the day tracking said they received it. I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the tank tank setup was bad, but PA did their part and didn't hassle me or question my assessment.
CNC Molds N Stuff
http://www.cncmolds.com

.177 XSB50
.177 Srod Reg-Extnsn-Prt .1405
.25 Srod Sprg & Hmr
.22 Hatsan 155
.177 NP BLECH!
.177 Metal Daisy 880
.177 Plastic Daisy 880
.177 Crosman 760 Plastic Alu Spring Guide
.22 Crosman Model 1
Bob La Londe

Re: Solutions - Bad Valve - Bad Regulator

Postby Motorhead » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:49 pm

I too did away with the Regulated Bottle valve thing simply unscrewing ( Empty tank ) reg assembly out of the bottle.
Replaced with a Slo-fill 2 gauge valve from Joe Brancato :D

Now have the small guppy set up i should have done all along instead of screwing around with the NINJA :oops:
RAW TM1000 Hybrid .177
2) M-rods - Pup .22 & HFT .177
Evanix Rainstorm .22
BSA Scorpion Tac .177
FX Whisper T-12 .177
AA 410 .22
BAM 50 Custom .25
Cros 1701P .177
AA TX-200 .177
FWB 124D .177
HW35 .177
Diana 75 HV .177