Difficulty cocking/reloading - stuck bolt ?

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Postby drplinker » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:31 pm

I bought a Gen 2 0.22 marauder, was very satisfied with accuracy noise etc. About 2 months later, bolt started sticking and cycling got harder. Each reload was different, sometimes easy (as in normal), sometimes bolt got stuck, literally and sometimes rough, as if something was tearing metal.

I polished hammer, applied silicone grease, moly grease, dupont dry teflon etc - wasted a plenty of time and money. With silicone & moly, I think pellet velocity varied as POI would drop often, randomly and teflon wore of in weeks.

Later found this video on youtube, thanks to Robert, describing exactly same problem and Rob suggested 'Archoil AR8300' grease. Look at comments on Youtube. Very expensive, but a much better and possibly most slippery grease available. I contacted manufacturer to check whether it is safe on O-Ring and it is.

If any of you are facing same problem, try it out or tell us in what other way you resolved it. Thanks in advance, Dave

drplinker

Re: Difficulty cocking/reloading - stuck bolt ?

Postby Family Man 811 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:58 pm

I had it on my gen 1 .25 cal. Ended up buying a new air tube from Crosman ... Like 40 bucks .. I was paranoid so ordered the breech and bolt too..it was the tube I think some how the area that the hammer pin travels was imperfect. Anyway started with air tube and it was solved. Hasn't happened since.
.25 M-rod Bullpup-16shots@55FPE/1.8%(16 fps)ES
.25 P-rod Carbine-21shots@30FPE/4%(28 fps)ES
[16shots@30FPE/2.7% (20 fps)ES]
.22 D-rod Custom-20shots@22FPE/4% (30 fps)ES
.22 1322 Carbine Highly modded 17FPE on 15 pumps
Family Man 811

Re: Difficulty cocking/reloading - stuck bolt ?

Postby PB_Matrix » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:03 am

Almost exactly at the 5,000 pellet mark on Saturday my .22 Mrod bolt started binding exactly as stated in the OP. Noticed the wear marks in the bottom of the air tube as shown in the video, polished them smooth with a Dremel and polished the back and bottom of the hammer as well. Re-lubed as normal and the bolt began binding again at about 50 shots. Dang it. Broke the gun down again, re-polished the fresh drag marks in the air tube, then beveled and polished the rear bottom of the hammer to counteract the binding shown in the video. Test fired another 50 shots and did not notice any progressive bolt binding like before. Anyway, beveling the back of the hammer, near the bottom seems to be working for me so far. If it starts binding again, I'll give Crossman a call to get a new hammer and air-tube.
PB_Matrix

Postby JDUB » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:58 pm

I had this happen on my original gen 2 .25 and I ended up sending it back to crosman and with the new one I lubed with high slip synthetic grease. Now I clean and lube the bolt and tube more frequently to avoid it happening again. No probs since. The new one came with different, updated I think, bolt and hammer cocking lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
.25 CondorSS
.22 Cricket Compact
JDUB

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions