Trouble Charging ???

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Trouble Charging ???

Postby jmj540 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Hello all, I have a marauder .22 cal with a Benjamin # FAH002 Universal fill adapter that will adapt to 3000psi paint ball cylinders. I have a new 3000psi 72cu cylinder that was filled yesterday to exactly 3000psi. I tried multiple times to charge the rifle, and it will not get past the yellow section of the gauge ( well under 1000psi) , tried with the bolt pulled all the way back per the manual instructions and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for any info that you can give me! Happy Holidays! Jay.
jmj540

Re: Trouble Charging ???

Postby Supercharged86 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Sorry Jay, All paintball cylinders are internally regulated (fixed) to about 850 psi. Yes, you have 3000 psi of usable air but the output psi will never exceed the 850. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby jmj540 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Thank you Steve for the information. I really didn't know the paint ball cylinders were regulated to a low pressure. It looks like it would be better to go with the scuba tank setup for refilling. What size tank would you recommend? The highest psi filling station I know of so far around here is 3000psi. Also, what is a good k valve adapter setup to go with? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to cover all the bases and buy once, and not go though another mistake like my first one. Thanks! Jay.
jmj540

Postby Supercharged86 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Jay, I myself use a SCBA setup, but that's because I'm in the fire service and have access to unlimited air here at the station. If you can find someone that will fill to 4500 psi (ie. paintball shop) then I'd go the SCBA 4.5 route. The only down side to SCBA is the carbon fiber bottles have a 15 year shelf life. I don't know much about SCUBA setups but I believe there's three options, two of which you wouldn't want due to the lower fill pressures. The high fill pressure option (I think it's a max of 3500 psi) is only available on a steel tank (which gets heavy) but sizes range from about 15 cuft to over a 100. I think most guys using a SCUBA setup opt for a HP 80 cuft tank which uses a DIN valve. I'd recommend going here for all adapters and fill hoses: http://airtanksforsale.com/, exceptional quality. Sorry you had to find out about the paintall cylinder the hard way. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby slayer1962 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:15 am

I use two 3000 psi scuba tanks. I want to get a 3500 psi tank but have been using my current set up for a Talon SS and a Condor and recently a .25 Marauder
slayer1962

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions