.22 cal. accuracy concerns

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

.22 cal. accuracy concerns

Postby alphakilla on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:57 am

I really want to get a .22 M-rod but, I have heard that accuracy is aproblem with them. Have they corrected that or, is it still an issue?
alphakilla

Re: .22 cal. accuracy concerns

Postby detox on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:16 pm

My 22 Marauder manufactured November 2010 shoots inconsistantly. It's not a tack driver, but it is good enough for 30 yard hunting. I have since recrowned and polished the barrel, but I have not shot it yet.
detox

Postby mlee on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:14 pm

detox wrote:My 22 Marauder manufactured November 2010 shoots inconsistantly. It's not a tack driver, but it is good enough for 30 yard hunting. I have since recrowned and polished the barrel, but I have not shot it yet.

Recrowning help any?
mlee

Postby sawtoothscream on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:45 pm

mine was great the first 2 or 3 days, pretty much 1 hole at 30 yds groups now its very unaccurate and a nightmare. idk what happened but im trying to figure it out. think it might be the scope/ baffle problem but idk yet. going to play with it more in the morning. might just send it to a tuner so they can get it back to shooting great. for now ill just try not to smash it off the nearest tree
sawtoothscream

Postby COplinker on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 pm

I have a 22 that out of the box was not great. I removed the barrel and cleaned it with the mother's polish, then cleaned it again with goo-gone. It did help, also shooting barracudas with the larger head diameter seems to help. I am getting dime to quarter size groups at around 25-30 yards. but it seems like there is always at least 1 flyer in the group, maybe one out of a whole magazine, maybe more, and the flyer can be at least 1/2" off, or more. I just read about the proper way to install the barrel to seat it properly, i may take it off and re-install it to see if that helps. but right now it seems at least as accurate as my hold sensitive R9, but not as accurate as my BSA Ultra.
COplinker

Postby AirRifleHunter on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm

alphakilla wrote:I really want to get a .22 M-rod but, I have heard that accuracy is aproblem with them. Have they corrected that or, is it still an issue?

I just got a .22 M-Rod yesterday, scoped it and zeroed it in. It shoots great at 20 yds using CPHP at 14.3 grn. I won't know about further until I get a chance to go out into the field. The only adjustments I've done is to up the velocity by turn the velocity adjustment 1/2 turn counter clockwise. My starting pressure is 2700-2800 and ending pressure after 30 shots is 1800 approximately. Shots range in velocity at the start from 933 to 855 and the end of the 30 shots. When I got it though, I looked at the barrel interior and it was sparkling clean. That may be one reason why it seems to be shooting straight.

If you get one and it isn't accurate, I always check the barrel first and or clean it since a dirty barrel with always affect accuracy. I also know that many of the problems with accuracy were with the early M-Rod .22's. It's possible that they have addressed that issue, but I may have also just gotten lucky and got a good one. We'll see as time goes by. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll end up liking the M-Rod. It's a great air rifle! :)
-----------------
Benjamin Marauder.22 w/Leapers Scope
Benjamin Trail NP XL 1100 w/Center Point Scope
AirRifleHunter

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions