Page 1 of 1

Big problems with my new .22 Marauder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:03 pm
by jacobpaschall
I just got my Marauder on Saturday. Shot if for the first time today. I set up a target at 25 yards and pumped the gun up to about 2600 psi. Shot about 10 shots from a benchrest and it was all over the place. Like a 4" group at 25 yards with two different pellets. Something is definetely wrong b/c after 10 shots it went from 2600 psi to 1000 psi. Does the barrel screw onto the receiver? I noticed mine was pretty loose so I screwed it on a little harder. How snug should the barrel be? Or should you even be able to screw the barrel on and off?

Re: Big problems with my new .22 Marauder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 pm
by Lammy1000
The threaded cap at the muzzle holds the shroud on, not the barrel and only needs to be "snug". Make sure your scope mounts and rings are tight and try again. Go slow and report back ALL details. The more experienced guys on this great forum will walk you through any issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 pm
by 21grains
That's the Shroud that screw's, the barrel is inside Shroud held on by 2 grub screw's. The barrel band is most likely culprit or Stock screw. Do search on here for barrel band' problems. Someone may have more help.....Franky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm
by jacobpaschall
Do you know why I would be using 160 psi per shot?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:49 pm
by pb95
jacobpaschall wrote:Do you know why I would be using 160 psi per shot?

I have had the same problem with my mrod using tons of air with each shot. I pump to 2400psi and shoot down to about 1900psi and only get about ten shots. I dont know what to do about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:21 am
by Lammy1000
Your hammer stroke adjustment bolt (striker, part #41) may have drifted full counterclockwise, resulting in too much air being released. I have had an issue with this and finally had to put a piece of tygon tubing on the striker, part #41, which is ~.23" long/.25" id. This short piece of tubing fits between striker face and the hammer, part #40 ensuring the hammer stroke/energy does not change. This does prevent further adjustment without disassembly.