3,000 shots, now not working???????

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

3,000 shots, now not working???????

Postby huffelfingre » Sun May 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Well shot just over 3,000 shots, and Ol # 67 seems to be tired. It wont shoot. thought it may be locked up so I de gassed it . No luck. removed the jammed pellets and tried dry firing it and it seems as if more air is going out the back than out the barrel. Obviousy something failed. Bummer, will call Crosman tomorrow and see what they say........
huffelfingre

Re: 3,000 shots, now not working???????

Postby NIKKI4597 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:22 am

I know how frustrating that can be.Ask them to overnight it to and fro.And also maybe they will send you an extra clip.They did me and i was a jerk. 8-) Sorry to hear that,they will get you straightened out though.
NIKKI4597

Postby huffelfingre » Mon May 18, 2009 7:29 am

Thank you, it,s a bummer and I know that you, know that. Will keep you posted on what happens.
huffelfingre

Postby huffelfingre » Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 am

Sent poor OL # 67 back to Crosman, over the phone I was treated like a king by Crosman !!!! Now the hard part , I have to wait again for my toy, oh well thats part of the game.........
huffelfingre

Postby sacshooter » Mon May 18, 2009 1:08 pm

So was the air coming from the bolt, or inside the gun?

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
Besides this forum I have many others. For a complete list of my other websites please visit http://www.AskRogerSeher.com Thanks for your Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby huffelfingre » Mon May 18, 2009 1:59 pm

It was coming from somewhere inside the gun, I really couldnt figure it out. I thought maybe it was locked up , but it wasnt. it would cock, but very little air would come out of the barrel, when I fired it .. Air was coming out of the breech, but even that I couldnt be for sure. It was very dificult to really determine exactly where the problem was, but it felt like the leak was most probably coming out the adjustment hole....
I was told that I would get a phone call when they worked on it , and they would let me know what they found ?????? I will post whatever I am told........
huffelfingre

Postby huffelfingre » Mon May 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Forgot something very important, When the gun jamed , it had a pellet in it. ( actually more than 1) I know I should have removed it or them first , before I started fiddiling with it, but I didnt. I put the degassing tool in, and when I screwed it in. The silly thing fired full force. Good thing it was facing down range. I honestly thought it would be safer to empty the air chamber, then un jam the pellet . I am sure glad I wasnt fiddling with the silly thing in the house. I am over 50 and still doing the stupid !!!!!!!!!!!
huffelfingre

Re: 3,000 shots, now not working update

Postby huffelfingre » Wed May 20, 2009 6:17 pm

Crosman got my gun and fixed it today ! Somehow a meetering screw closed off the air, The tecnician that helped me was fantastic, he listened to me, He set up the gun for me. and he treated me the way a person should be treated. As far as the screw goes I dont know what happend, but I am sure the problem is fixed. He also said he would put blue loc tite on it so it won't ever happen again. The Loc tite was my request. Now once again I hafta wait, for the silly thing to come home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wayne
huffelfingre

Postby 5thumbs » Thu May 21, 2009 4:00 am

Did you have it set up differently than stock? If so it would be interesting to hear your feedback once you get your Marauder back.
5thumbs

Postby huffelfingre » Thu May 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Yes it has been changed from stock, I will be very happy to let you know what I think, as soon as it gets here...
huffelfingre

Next

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions