BENJAMIN HAND PUMP PROBLEMS

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Re: BENJAMIN HAND PUMP PROBLEMS

Postby Mikemas on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Well I guess until there are a few thousand of these guns in the field no one is going to foot the R&D to do a 12V pump. I look at it this way, if a hand pump can pump up 3K lbs, then a good starter motor could easily turn a high pressure pump as well.

I'm still lookin . . . . . . . .
Mikemas

Postby Mikemas on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm not sure if someone already posted this but here's a great little article on hand pumps!

http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles ... ump/#video

Mike
Mikemas

Postby rbolton6 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:19 am

NIce video Mike - I had watched that one while waiting for my Marauder and pump to arrive.
Still been thru 2 so far and worried about the 3rd one Crosman sent me.

You hurry up and get that 12v pump ready for us ole geezers
I want one of the proto-types :) :)
rbolton6

Postby rbolton6 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Mike,

Ya got that 12v pump ready for us yet :)
Hand Pump number 3 bit the dust today.
Crosman has number 4 on the way.

Good thing I ordered a Scuba Tank and adapter last week

I honestly don't think these hand pumps were built to handle 3,000 psi fills on a daily basis

Rick
rbolton6

Postby Mikemas on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Would seem to me that if a 12 motor can turn over a whole V8 engine, then why can't someone come up with a 12v pump for high pressure. It would be great - just take your gun out to the car and in a few minutes your Marauder is happy again!
Mikemas

Postby JimC on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:36 am

I don't think the issue is the mechanics of a portable 12V pump but more the legal/liablity issues of selling one. If a person can be awarded $24,000,000 dollars for being run over by their own father can you imagine the amount of money you'd get if the fitting flew off your $129 high pressure pump and poked your eye out!

Jim in Sacramento
JimC

Postby Mikemas on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:52 pm

JimC wrote:I don't think the issue is the mechanics of a portable 12V pump but more the legal/liablity issues of selling one. If a person can be awarded $24,000,000 dollars for being run over by their own father can you imagine the amount of money you'd get if the fitting flew off your $129 high pressure pump and poked your eye out!

Jim in Sacramento

I don't really understand - I don't see a 12 volt pump be any more dangerous than a 110 v pump or even worse the hand pump do you?
Mikemas

Postby joeyt on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 am

"If ANYONE knows where to pick a pump like this up PLEASE let us ole farts know !!!"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miniature-Compressor-for-Paintball/216287806129#!/pages/Miniature-Compressor-for-Paintball/216287806129?v=wall

he's starting to sell them now ($390 plus shipping). but initially only 4500 psi pumps available. 3k pumps may be available later.

you can use the 4500k pump-- just need to keep a close eye on the pressure gauge... (it's not fast. and you need to hook up a regular compressor to assist. definitely can't run off a car battery/inverter.)

(my hand pump died this weekend. won't pump up to 3000k any more. and after a few pumps can't raise the handle. still within the pyramyd 30 day return, so I'm just sending it back and using the money for the compressor instead.)
joeyt

Postby Mikemas on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:26 am

I guess i wasn't so dumb after all - I've worked with miniatures all my life, believe me there is no magic in making a miniature pump - this is testimonial of it.

Thanks
Mikemas

Postby Roger on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:59 am

I had the same problem with the benjamin pump. The handle would not pull out. It almost felt like it was being sucked back in. This all happen just three months after I bought the darn thing, I had an air force pump that lasted over 10 years. They wanted 100 dollars to fix the air force pump. I thought what the heck for another 70 bucks i can get a new pump. I still may have the air force pump fixed some day.Any way this all happen this past weekend. With some people coming over this weekend for a shoot and now I have two pumps that do not work STRESSSS was building! I called crosman and ask what were my options. They told me to call sun optics they are located in Texas they designed and built the Benjamin pump. So I explained everything to them and asked again what were my options. They would have fixed my pump free of charge, but I did not have time on my side to send the pump in and Wait! Then they told me a secret. The Benjamin pump was designed so most people could replace the seals. They sent me the seals and the instructions by over night UPS. They even knew which seal was bad by what I told tham. There are two seals that must be replaced each time the pump is taken apart. NEVER TAKE THE PUMP APART WITHOUT THE INSTRUCTIONS! My wife and I sat down yesterday afternoon at our kitchen table and replaced three seals in the pump and the pump is working fine. :D Sorry folks I tend to ramble at times. If your pump is still under warranty let crosman take care of it, but if it is not you should be able to take care of it at a low cost do not forget INSTRUCTIONS!
Roger

PreviousNext

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions