BENJAMIN HAND PUMP PROBLEMS

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Re: BENJAMIN HAND PUMP PROBLEMS

Postby hawkeye on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:27 am

Roger wrote:NEVER TAKE THE PUMP APART WITHOUT THE INSTRUCTIONS! My wife and I sat down yesterday afternoon at our kitchen table and replaced three seals in the pump and the pump is working fine. Sorry folks I tend to ramble at times. If your pump is still under warranty let crosman take care of it, but if it is not you should be able to take care of it at a low cost do not forget INSTRUCTIONS!

Hey Roger,

Can you post a copy of the instructions? I have a pump that seems to have the same problems.

Thanks,

Tom
hawkeye

Postby rbolton6 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:14 am

Did anyone ever get the instructions loaded ???
Pump number 4 just bit the dust :cry:

And this 4th pump was only used to top off the gun to 3000 psi when my Scuba Tank was running low.

What a waste of 200 bucks...Should've bought a Hill !!!
rbolton6

Postby joeyt on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:55 am

"Did anyone ever get the instructions loaded ???"

see this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=818
joeyt

Postby rbolton6 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 am

great pics - wish I spoke spanish :D Thanks !
rbolton6

Postby joeyt on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 pm

oops. sorry, I linked you to the wrong page! knew it was posted...

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=819
joeyt

Postby rbolton6 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks Joeyt - this post I can speakie :)

Headed to Lowe's tomorrow - Pump numer 4 is about to bite the dust :cry:
rbolton6

Postby Rob on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Like a lot of others I have had bad luck with the Benj pump, I have burned through 3 in the last year (and Isuspect number 4 is going to fail. I am looking at another manuf and am considring the Air Venturi, does anyone have any experience with this pump?
Rob

Postby Walx on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Well my benjamin pump stopped working today. Like it had a vaccum on it. I have only used it 4 times. Had the gun 2 days. I took the pump apart following the instructions and I could not believe the amount of black gritty watery looking stuff inside. I thought I would be replacing an o ring but didn't see any that looked bad. I cleaned everything put oring lube on o rings and put it back together. Pump is now working again and not sure if it is not pumping the gun up faster than before.
Walx

Postby DRAGON64 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 am

Walx wrote:Well my benjamin pump stopped working today. Like it had a vaccum on it. I have only used it 4 times. Had the gun 2 days. I took the pump apart following the instructions and I could not believe the amount of black gritty watery looking stuff inside. I thought I would be replacing an o ring but didn't see any that looked bad. I cleaned everything put oring lube on o rings and put it back together. Pump is now working again and not sure if it is not pumping the gun up faster than before.

Only two days, and the pump crapped out on you?!?!?
DRAGON64

Postby Walx on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Yes only 2 days used the pump 4 times. Once to fill from empty, took about 30 minutes, let it rest for a few minutes after every 20 to 25 pumps. Then 3 more times to fill from around 1900 back to 2500. But today I used the crap out of it (trying to tune the gun) it held up today for the most part but it not pumping now like I think it should. I thought a couple times it was going to lock up on me again but it didnt.
Walx

PreviousNext

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions