BENJAMIN HAND PUMP PROBLEMS

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Re: BENJAMIN HAND PUMP PROBLEMS

Postby Walx on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

It quit again today so I went to lowes and got the #60 oring but after installing it didnt help much. I was able to charge the gun but it was hard. I called crossman and they told me to call Sun Optics. I called and the man that answered was very helpful. He said the o rings from lowes where a little different but he said he is sending me the repair kit for it and told me that if I cleaned the pump and used motor oil on the o rings it would get me by until I got the kit. I was wanting to really vent to someone about this but after the service I got from Sun Optics I couldnt be real mad. He said that he stands behind his products and would do anything it took to make it right.
Walx

Postby rbolton6 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:30 pm

You are correct, the fella at Sun Optics is a super friendly gentleman !!
I called him about my pump and he promptly sent me free of charge a whole new set of O rings - Even extra "part # 30" rings that are the cause of 99% of all the pumps problems.

He explained the instructions and a few shortcuts once I received the rings.

Replacing that nasty little ring only takes a bout 15 minutes, but cleaning all the crud from the pump took quite a while.

He advised using 10-40w motor oil for all lubrication.

After replacing that ring and a complete clean and re-lub, it is working better than ever.

DON'T GIVE UP ON THOSE BENJAMIN PUMPS - JUST CALL SUN-OPTICS !!!
rbolton6

Postby ARPredatorHunter on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:15 pm

A big plus 1 on the friendly guys at Sun Optics as I called them up today for a repair kit. I talked with a Dwayne Sorenson and he was so nice that I actually enjoyed making this service call. I am not sure exactly what his position is at Sun Optics, but he is as good at customer service as any person I have ever had to speak with in my life.
ARPredatorHunter

Postby 21grains on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:36 am

Dwayne is the Guy sent O-Rings and instruction's right away to fix Benjamin pump.Had 1 yr w/Disco.Marauder came, Got tank put pump away for 1 yr. in heavy plistic bag. Tank was empty one Day so I broke out pump Nothing on up stroke,Was working fine when put away WTF!!.Thanks to Dwayne at Sun Optc.....Franky
21grains

Postby DaveShooter on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm

D-Sorsen, is the fellow that designed the pump. He knows those pumps inside and out. He is also true to his word when he says he will send ya o-rings he will thats for darn sure. I've had my Benji pump 2-3yrs now and still going strong with Dwyanes help. :D :D :D
DaveShooter

Previous

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions