REGULATOR

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

REGULATOR

Postby rbolton6 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:02 am

I saw somewhere, not sure if it was on this site or somewhere else on the net about a
Gentleman that offered a internal regulator that could be adapted to any PCP rifle.

It would regulate for the exact same air flow on every shot and theoretically the same velocity

Anyone else re-call seeing this or have any thoughts about it - worth pursuing or not ?

Thanks !
rbolton6

Re: REGULATOR

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:02 pm

I saw this vid on Youtube, from a guy who sounded like he was from Kazakhstan, can't seem to find it now though.
Last edited by Supercharged86 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Teryx on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 pm

The guy is a lithuanian engineer. His regulator is a very nice piece of work. I've got one. The problem is that it is not a drop in part for the mrod. The reasons are lengthy and complicated. I'm in the process of building a new valve for mine that will work with the regulator. I may end up marketing that part through a distributor. Bottom line is, if done correctly you can get 40 shots at 35 foot pounds or more.

teryx
Teryx

Postby rbolton6 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:29 am

Teryx - YOU NOW HAVE MY FULL ATTENTION

I will be more than happy to test the prototype :) :)

Keep us updated please, I am sure there are lots of us that would love to get our hands on the finished product !!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Rick
rbolton6

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:40 am

I second that!!

Teryx- Are you using it in one of your rifles or did you buy it for the R&D? When I saw this vid it was somewhat difficult to understand. What's the premise? Does this unit, which sounded like gets placed inside the tank reservoir, section it into two seperate tanks. It would be like having your SCBA fill bottle (if regulated to 3000 psi) constantly hooked up, but just on a smaller scale and therefore a lower number of shots at a given velocity?
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 am

Supercharged86 wrote:I saw this vid on Youtube, from a guy who sounded like he was from Kazakhstan, can't seem to find it now though.

Found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-uQCV9V ... re=related
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby Teryx on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 am

Guys,
The regulator needs to be very close to the valve, but it must have sufficient volume behind it to supply the shot cycle. The gauge adapter is a problem because it prevents the regulator from supplying enough air volume to fuel the shot. On top of that, in order to work well, the regulated pressure should be well below the fill pressure. The stock valve cannot flow enough air at low pressure to maintain a high power level. There have been a couple of people who have modified their gauge blocks and valves and had pretty good results, but the things they have done are very suspect from the standpoint of longterm reliability! That is why I'm designing a whole new valve (and hammer) that is sturdier to begin with and designed to flow the right amount of air to marry to the regulator. My valve is also rebuildable, so it will last indefinitely. I'm still doing testing and refining because finding the balance of power and air efficiency is not an easy thing to do. The beauty of a regulated system is that it allows for a maximum pressure fill that can supply a much lower operating pressure. If it is balanced correctly, that can provide more quality shots at a given pressure without the steep falloff that you see in unregulated systems. It's not magic, but it is (can be) an improvement. Anyway, that's the simple explanation :D

I plan to have regulated systems in all my guns. Audrius is going to build me a custom regulator for my .25 which will be a pretty big airhog. The one I have now is for R&D, but will eventually get installed permanently.

Teryx
Teryx

Postby rbolton6 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks Teryx,

Is Audrius making these for the 22 cal Marauders.....If so, what is the cost ?

Just curious if his are worth the money and effort or should we all wait for your "jewel" :) :)

Rick
rbolton6

Postby Teryx on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Rick,
Audruis's regulator is around $100 shipped. I'm not planning on copying his work or building my own regulator. His is a very good piece of work. What I'm doing is making a valve that will work with it. I'm working with another guy to possibly get a better price on the regulators and sell them in a kit with the valve. they will work with any caliber of Mrod.
teryx
Teryx

Postby rbolton6 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:31 am

How soon would your model be available ?
rbolton6

Next

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions