Barrel band issues and solutions. New video.

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Barrel band issues and solutions. New video.

Postby Masked Marauder on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:00 pm

There are questions and confusion on the barrel band offered on the old and new Marauders. Roger and I have made a short video to help clear up some of these questions and a "how-to procedure" to help you guys.

Please post here if this type of video is helpful, so we can improve the forum for all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuXMAZXi ... re=channel

MM
Masked Marauder

Re: Barrel band issues and solutions. New video.

Postby sacshooter on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Thanks guys, I dropped by MM's house to drop off some pellets, and pick up my .22 marauder (shown in the right in this video) he asked if I could bring the .25 by so he could measure the band, I guess I walked into that one :roll:

,,,and has anyone seen an extra marauder barrel, He said he loaned it out for testing to a local forum member :?:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby Supercharged86 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:26 am

Two thumbs up, from S & E. :D
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Tim on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Nice video, but I can't quite agree with the part about "cutting Crosman some slack". At least not when they hit you with an $4.00 fee on every parts order plus shipping. I ordered parts last week but didn't order the larger barrel band I wanted because Crosman insisted to me that the new barrel bands weren't any larger than the older ones. Now of course they'll hit me with another $4.00 fee plus shipping if I order again. A fee I'm paying because they're customer service department isn't uninformed on changes being made to the rifles. Again great video, but I had to rant about Crosman.
Tim

Postby MasterWolf on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Tim wrote:Nice video, but I can't quite agree with the part about "cutting Crosman some slack". At least not when they hit you with an $4.00 fee on every parts order plus shipping. I ordered parts last week but didn't order the larger barrel band I wanted because Crosman insisted to me that the new barrel bands weren't any larger than the older ones. Now of course they'll hit me with another $4.00 fee plus shipping if I order again. A fee I'm paying because they're customer service department isn't uninformed on changes being made to the rifles. Again great video, but I had to rant about Crosman.

you should try it from overseas - huge shipping AND no way to contact crosman directly - they just dont seem to want to hear about issues from o/s customers - i have to use a mate in the USA to get anything

for a huge company crosman really have some very poor customer service skills
MasterWolf

Postby BrerBob on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:57 am

Tim wrote:I ordered parts last week but didn't order the larger barrel band I wanted because Crosman insisted to me that the new barrel bands weren't any larger than the older ones.

I placed an order over a week ago and asked the rep on the phone to look up the Part Number for the .25 barrel band and he politely obliged. It came in this past Friday and by all means it is bigger than the .22 band. Slipped it on and there is easily more daylight all the way around. HOWEVER!! It is gloss black as opposed to the original .22 band which is flat black.

BrerBob

Postby Walx on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 am

I just wanted to toss this fact into the ring. I have 2 22s one is new about 1 month old and one is about 11 months old. The older one has a band that you are hard pressed to even get a sheet of paper to pass between the barrel and the band. The new one has plenty of room. You can clearly see the difference in size. So at one point there was a smaller size barrel band being used. Not that this adds to the forum but I have seen where people said that crosman told them that there was no size difference.
Walx

Postby DaveShooter on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Walx wrote:I just wanted to toss this fact into the ring. I have 2 22s one is new about 1 month old and one is about 11 months old. The older one has a band that you are hard pressed to even get a sheet of paper to pass between the barrel and the band. The new one has plenty of room. You can clearly see the difference in size. So at one point there was a smaller size barrel band being used. Not that this adds to the forum but I have seen where people said that crosman told them that there was no size difference.
There sure as heck is a size difference. I have had all 3 Mrods in diff cal, and sure enough 25 cal band is bigger. called crosman up and they sent me a bigger band for my 177 cal mrod. It did make a difference in my groups before and after band......
DaveShooter

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions