Benjamin Hand Pump - Sun Optics Repair Instructions

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Re: Benjamin Hand Pump - Sun Optics Repair Instructions

Postby Roger on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 am

Bruce, got some info from Dwayne things are looking up I will do a post after I come home from work. Got to get ready and go ! Shot some today with my new stock on SWEET. I will be doing a post about that over turkey week end. Your right Dwayne is such a nice guy it is hard to get upset.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Postby spysir on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Just a few thoughts. FX & Hill recomend lubing with divers grease (ONLY).
The black goo which can appear is (naturally) the o-rings melting, this is due to over heating not normal wear.
AirForce was the first hand pump on the market to get a bad rep.
Only two thing cause early failure, over heating and burrs where the o-rings seat, if a burr is not addressed the problem will remain.

John
spysir

Postby Bruce Jarrett on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:53 pm

I called Sun Optics to resend me some o-rings and asked him what his o-rings were made of .
P30--Viton
All other o-rings ----Butyl or Neoprene

So far the cheap one I bought from O Rally for P30 is still holding up.
Bruce Jarrett

Postby Roger on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:49 pm

I am sory I am making this post so late but I have been sick and working a swing shift does not make things easy.I talked to Dwayne last week for about 15 min. These are the things I ask him.

Maerial of o rings--- Which is Viton. Has an excellent reistance to petroleum and solvents and tempture. Also the durometer of the o ring should be 90 which is STIFF!
Dwayne does not know what the Hill pump o rings are made of.
His new filter is a desiccant filter-----dry pack it will srew right into the pump where the wet filter is now.
He should have them some time the first of Jan. They will run about $ 25 . sold on his web site.
He told me that Hill has had problems with their pump and their dry pack is only about 5 6 years old.
He is sure this will take care of the moisture problem.
He told me still no grease only oil
Hope this info helps Burce has the right idea this is what we need someone who thinks outside the box .

Thanks Bruce and
shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Previous

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions