magazines

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

magazines

Postby jtb56 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Anybody out there have a procedure for repairing magazines that don't function? I have 2-.22 and 1 brand new unused .25 that apparently
have no spring tension. I am reluctant to disassemble until some fearless tinkerer who took a try at fixing one replies. Customer support
at Crosman is sending a replacement .25 mag but they did not offer any advice on fixing and stated that the mags are not assembled there.
jtb56

Re: magazines

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:31 am

Hey Jtb56, There was a thread on here somewhere which we discussed this very issue. Unfortunately I can't find it at the moment. Basicly there's not much to the disassembly process. If I remember correctly the issue is that the "hook" end of the spring isn't long enough or doesn't engage the pocket enough to keep it secure. Therefore, it can become dislodged and unwind. I haven't had one apart so I'm not sure what the fix procedure is??? Good luck. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby jtb56 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Steve,
Your'e right about a thread somewhere but I can't find it either. I agree with you about the spring. I notice that the hole in the center of the shot number indicator is a hex (allen) slot. I can't find a wrench small enough but if this can be taken off I'm sure this will allow me to remove the clear top
and get to the spring. Thanks for your reply. Jeff
jtb56

Postby esims on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:53 pm

I received a new Marauder earlier this week. The mag refused to work after the first round. I put the mag under a magnifying glass and saw that the screw that held it together required a small allen wrench to turn. I had bought a set of screwdriver bits from Harbor Freight a couple of years ago and the smallest bit in the set fits the screw perfectly. Anyway, I loosened the screw a tad and everything has worked great for the last 300 rounds or so.
esims

Postby esims on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:42 am

I guess I should have mentioned that the allen wrench is 1/16" and the mag is for a .177
esims

Postby davee1 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:52 pm

I dont know how I missed this thread...but I did.

Yes...I have repaired the magazines. I had 1 .25 mag that had no spring pressure when I got it, tried to load it, and it wouldnt work of course.
The issue with that one, was the little 90 degree bend in the end of the spring that goes into the little hole in the bottom of the mag...well that little bend wasnt quite as sharp as it needed to be(less than 90 degrees), and kept slipping out of the hole. I tweaked the bend to a more sharper 90 degree bend, and it then stayed put in it's little hole.

I had a .22 mag that was intermittently refusing to feed after the first shot, but had spring pressure. The fix for that was the little hexhead screw that holds the clear cover on, was too tight. Once the screw was loosened ever so slightly, feeding came back, and no more issue with that mag.
davee1

Postby jtb56 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Hey esims and davee1!
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the mags. I noticed the hex slot in my previous post but couldn't get a 1/16'' to work. It seems too small. Are you sure that is the correct size?
jtb56

Postby davee1 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:36 pm

I'll find out what size I used and post back here later this evening.
davee1

Postby davee1 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:46 pm

In both my .22 and .25 mags, I find the size of the hex tool to be 1/16th inch and the tool measures on my digital caliper at .0625".
It is a tight fit though, especially on ones that have not been touched yet.
davee1

Postby jtb56 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:39 pm

You guys are right, it seems to be 1/16" hex. I was able to repair one .22 mag, but can't seem to get 2 new .25 mags to work. The spring
keep popping out of bottom hole on one and the slot at the top on the other. Both of these mags have never had a pellet in them. Crosman
sent me one of these to replace the other, which came with the rifle. Thanks for your input on this thread.
jtb56

Next

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions