Magazine got stuck...

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Magazine got stuck...

Postby avengingknight on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:28 pm

I am sure glad this forum is around. So I just got a Benjamin Marauder last Thursday and had shot about sixty rounds through it until the Magazine got stuck on the second round. I noticed that the rifle did not shoot out a pellet and would not load another in, so I tried to pull the magazine and was met with a lot of resistance. I finally did manage to pull the magazine out with a lot of careful effort, ( I didn't want to break it so soon after buying it. :) but upon release of the magazine out came a little 0 ring about .635 CM or about a 1/4 of an inch. Any Ideas as to how I can repair this. I would hate to send this back. I am very handy and can repair most anything if I have the proper info.

Thanks in advance for your help.
avengingknight

Re: Magazine got stuck...

Postby tjbryner on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:57 pm

I had that happen with mine. I used the bolt to push it back in...... Might not be recommended, However all seems well with it. But If I had it happen again I'd call crossman and send it back......

Were did you get if from?

Also Which pellets were you using? Mine done it with PolyMags.
tjbryner

Postby avengingknight on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:58 pm

I bought the marauder from cobra airguns and was using crosman premier ultra magnum 10.5 grain.
avengingknight

Postby spysir on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 am

pellet probe o-ring (which sits inside the barrel)?
If it is part # 1763-058 it is a 1.5 x 4mm your local auto parts store may have it.
Personally I would pull the barrel to install it. And remember the lube that o-ring often
(crosman says every 500 shots, you might want to do it more often.
John
spysir

Postby avengingknight on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Excellent! Thanks. I do have to empty the tank beforehand right?
avengingknight

Postby avengingknight on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Update, I do not know if this has been brought up in the forums already, if it has I apologize in advance.

I manged to get the Magazine stuck again and realized why. It was stuck between number 10 and 0. I had to stick a tiny screwdriver in between the plastic cover and the body of the magazine and index it back to 10. it then shot normally. should have had patience the first time and probably would not have pulled out the "O" ring.
avengingknight

Postby DocHolliday123 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:18 am

I mentioned that I am a newcomer to the current world of Air Guns. I bought a Marauder .117 because I loved the way it looked and everything I read about it sounded great. A big selling point for me and my father (who is 85) is that it's a PCP and has a magazine as well.

We found out yesterday that you can't just use any pellet in the magazine. We put in a light weight GAMMO pellet from the first gun we bought (a break barrel, too hard on my Dad's arm), and not only would it not fire, it jammed the magazine.

We got the pellet out......finally. Everything seems to be working fine.

Is there a list anywhere of what pellets can be used in the magazines, and which can not?

I didn't see anything at Crosman's Website, but I may have missed it.

We love the gun, we are now shooting ONLY Crosman Wadcutters but are curious as to what else can be used in the magazine.

I am really sorry if this has been mentioned before. Dad and I are also very new to this site, but it is great and a wealth of information.

I
DocHolliday123

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi Doc, I have shot many of the GAMO brand pellets through the MROD even the PBA raptor (which I think sucks) but have never had any issues other than lousy accuracy. Sounds more like you have a alignment problem. Be sure the magazine is fully inserted, there will be a distictive clicking sound when fully seated. The bolt probe sealing 0-ring sits in a groove at the back of the barrel, it can be easily replaced using a small tool. However, replacing it with an off the shelf part from the local hardware store is not recommended because this 0-ring has a certain durometer (meaning hardness) and replacing it with the wrong one will only lead to more problems like improper chamber sealing, etc. So unless it's damaged in some way you should be able to reinstall it without any further issues. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby DocHolliday123 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:54 am

Thanks Steve !

I will be getting the new Marauder Pistol in .22 caliber ( the only caliber available ).

I don't know, we've been shooting the Crosman wadcutters and now have some heavier domed head pellets. They are lead and seem to load into the magazine and fire without a problem.

Those gold colored GAMMO's jammed on the very first shot. We have since given them to a buddy that shoots a GAMMO Air Rifle.

I just wish there was a way to tell what was going to happen before firing the first shot. The GAMMO's loaded into the magazine fine, but heck, I don't know. Like I said, we're new but the "stress factor" has got me and now I'm afraid to put anything into the magazine without calling Crosman.

I don't expect them to recommend a competitors pellet.

I also notice that you guys talk a lot about "coating" the pellets before use.
Is that done on an individual basis, or do you just put them into a contain with the coating material and "shake 'em up". Do you dry them off or is the material like a dry graphite spray?

Any tips are greatly appreciated.
DocHolliday123

Postby Supercharged86 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:11 am

Hi Doc, There are dozens of pellet choices and you'll have to experiment to find the one that shoots best through your Mrod. They are all lead except for only two that I know of, the Gamo PBA is an alloy that are fast as hell but are to light and have terrible accuracy and the Dynamic brand which is made of tin, but from what I hear are excellent.

So unless you have something wrong with your magazine, there should be no issues with loading, so don't be afraid. Sometimes though, you may notice some pellets get hung up when loading and need to be pushed in with a pencil end or similar object or have increased resistance when chambering. This happens often because sometimes the skirt is a few thousands wider than intented. Also, because of the chamber design of the Mrod, it's been said that the pellet head can sometimes get cantered down and make contact with the rifling lead-in, which will also result in some resistance (felt when chambering).

Pellet lubing is done with a liquid wax (Krytec, White Lighting, etc.), usually done in small batches with a very small amount of the product. Once coated there just left to air dry. However, using to much product will result in excessive wax build up in the skirt which will effect accuracy.

Doc, I have four pellet brands that work the best in my .177. The most accurate is the Eunjin 16.1 then the Crosman Premier Heavy 10.5. I also have great results with the Beeman Kokiak Heavy and the JSB Diablo Heavy. So if your looking for choices I'd try these four first. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Next

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions