Magazine V.S. Single Shot Tray

Benjamin Marauder Troubleshooting
Forum rules
MarauderAirRifle.com is not owned, Affiliated, or controlled by Crosman.
The Scope and goal of this section of the form is provide useful information 24/7 because I realize that most of us play with the toys on weekends when big companies and telephone support is not always available.

Normally if problems occur during this window you are SOL until the next business day (and your fun is over)

So if you are having problems check or search here to see if it is a known issue and what steps can be taken to resolve the issue.

If you ask questions on this forum, I can not guarantee Crosman support will see the post or reply to it, and you may need to give them a call at 800-724-7486 if you still need help or replacement parts.

Magazine V.S. Single Shot Tray

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:18 pm

I am having significant accuracy differences when I use the single shot tray as opposed to the magazine. The groups appear larger when I use the mag and much smaller with the single shot tray. These results may be my falt so I would have to shoot a few more groups to be sure. I am just wondering if anybody has any experience with magazines damaging pellets or effecting accuracy in some way or another. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andrew
Andrew

Re: Magazine V.S. Single Shot Tray

Postby hawkeye on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:49 am

Andrew,

I have used a single shot tray with my .177 MROD and have observed that with certain pellets the accuracy seems to be better. When I use CPH 10.5 gr pellets, the magazine accuracy is very close to the single shot tray accuracy. I see very little difference. If I use JSB heavy 10.3 gr pellets, the single shot tray has better accuracy. In my opinion, the JSB pellets are a softer lead and therefore may get distorted when using the magazine. I have not done any fancy testing to prove it one way or another. By the way, what kind of pellets are you using?
hawkeye

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 pm

I am using Crosman Premier 14.3 grains and JSB Monsters 25.4 grains. These pellets appear to group best in my Marauder, but did group differently when using the mag. I hope the difference in groups is somthing that I am doing wrong and not a falt in the feeding system. Thank you for the advice so far!

Andrew
Andrew

Postby Supercharged86 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:12 pm

I agree with Hawkeye, there is certainly an improvement when using the tray with certain pellets. So don't feel like your going crazy :D Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby dwalk on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 am

I've made one and I'm in the process of 'testing' it; i posted some pix in the "mods" forum

it sure feeds better and operates smoother when using the single shot tray. 8-)

I'm not sure why the magazine fed air rifles are so sought after...the magazines are not that good and sometimes are difficult in operation and loading. :?

i don't mind loading one at a time. :geek:

makes for less moving parts and less to go wrong... ;)
dwalk

Location: in the high desert of so cal between temecula and palm springs

Postby ZSEDCZ on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 pm

I am new here, and I will like to know, what gun to buy, mag or s.shot
Do you get more shots one at a time, per tank
ZSEDCZ

Postby tjbryner on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:45 am

Just figure out what you need,,,, example .22 or .25 or .177 first! THem when you get one order the single shot tray along with a mag.

There's no difference in shot count. I will say the Mag is great for quick follow up shots, I just wish that my large pellets would work in the Mags with out mod-ing it. So I just use the single shot tray for now.
tjbryner

Postby MasterWolf on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:14 am

real simple

mag for hunting

tray for target or FT

even the best spring loaded mag will deform the skirts on a soft lead pellet, and any change shot to shot effects arrcuracy
MasterWolf

Postby DaveShooter on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:55 pm

MasterWolf wrote:real simple

mag for hunting

tray for target or FT

even the best spring loaded mag will deform the skirts on a soft lead pellet, and any change shot to shot effects arrcuracy
Heck ya can always use the single shot tray and hunt with it if you aren't worried about multi-shots. Just make those shots count if ya use the single shot tray. Ya won't go through ammo as fast.....
DaveShooter

Postby rbolton6 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:20 am

I finally ordered the single shot trays for both my 22 and 25 cal mrods.
Tried them out yesterday and the groups are definitely better out of the tray.

Groups were really better with the Predator Polymags for the 22 cal with the tray.
I had modified a magazine to accomodate these.
I guess I need to go back and check that mag and make sure the skirt is not getting deformed somewhere in the cycling process.
rbolton6

Return to Marauder Problems and Solutions