Traded the Mrod for a Victor!

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Traded the Mrod for a Victor!

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Rat trap that is! Well not exactly!

Hey Guys, I know it's not as much fun but sometimes I don't always have the time to stand guard, not to mention my wife doesn't exactly approve, which gives me even less opportunities. I saw an article about using a Victor rat trap to dispatch tree rats that find they're way into your attic. I thought I'd try this in the backyard but so far 0 for 3, I realize these bastards are fast but to avoid the speed of a snap trap, seems impossible? Any suggestions on how to make this work better? Thanks. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Re: Traded the Mrod for a Victor!

Postby robbie on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:51 am

Yeah that does take all the fun out of it, but yah gotta do what yah gotta do..kinda wish i had that problem all the squirrels around here have me under surveilance
robbie

Postby Metaldemon7 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:56 am

I had the same problem- can't stand guard all the time. The Victor worked great for the Chipmunks, but not the squirrels. I went down to the family farm, and found an old 4" leg trap. I put some peanut butter on the pan. When they try to get the peanut butter the trap closes, and snaps their little necks. I think we used to trap muskrat with them down at the river.
Metaldemon7

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:28 am

Thanks MD7, would this be the trap your referring to? A Duke #1 with 4" jaws? http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/duke-1-l ... g-tra.html. Thanks. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby Point Doc on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:13 pm

I use the Victors with success.

Peanut butter and my secret set-up. I set my traps (usually four) along my 6ft wooden fence. I secure them vertically to the upper 2x4 with dry wall screws. By having them vertically, the rat has to commit his weight to leaning over to get the bait and snap he can't get away.

When I lived in another part of the city, I would fill my four traps for a month almost every night! Now I am in a new place with an apple tree and they seem to like my sweet apples over PB. I did get a very big one last week and my Black Mouth Cur dogs have two. http://kdsblackmouthcurs.com/

Good luck,
John
Point Doc

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Hey John, I see what your saying, what a great idea, I never would of thought of that. Can't wait to try it! Thanks. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby Point Doc on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:23 am

Well...did the trap arrangement work??
Point Doc

Postby Supercharged86 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:10 am

Hey John, Well It's hanging and ready to go. No takers yet! You'll be the first to know. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Return to General Chat