FTT 5.53

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

FTT 5.53

Postby AwesomeAnt » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Last summer I ordered 16 tins of FTT in 5.53 from PA. Didnt really get into them till this summer. Going through them there are a lot of mis cast pellet that have slightly lighter skirts to some that are down right paper thin. There is a definite difference in performance too, different POI. EZ to visually sort through them. I'd say its over 6% miscasts. My scale doesnt measure that small of a difference. Anyone else having similar experiences?
Weaponized Mrod .25 Hawke tac30 6.5-20x42
Prod Rapid70 WAR NBH Leapers 3-12 SWAT etched
Brocock Concept Super 6 Leapers 3-9x40
AwesomeAnt

Re: FTT 5.53

Postby Barry » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Are there bad pellets in every tin? I've shot close to 30 tins of H&N FTT 5.53, all bought from Pyramyd and have not had any bad pellets. Do all of the tins have the same CN number on the label on the bottom of the tin? Might not hurt to give PA a call. You have two things working against you, you've had the pellets for quite a while and I'm assuming all the tins have been opened. PA usually doesn't take back opened tins. When I get my pellets, I order large quantities too, I look at the labels and separate them. I'll open one or two of each group, if both have bad pellets, I would probably call and ask to send back the entire batch of the same number. When the pellets have been good, the entire batch has been good. So far, I have not had any bad pellets. Good luck
Barry

Re: FTT 5.53

Postby AwesomeAnt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Problem solved. HnN had a bad run of pellets, wire problems. So PA is replacing them after pictures of different weights and skirt thicknesses the Ray Charles could have seen. The squeaky wheel got some oil. Good suggestion Barry.
Weaponized Mrod .25 Hawke tac30 6.5-20x42
Prod Rapid70 WAR NBH Leapers 3-12 SWAT etched
Brocock Concept Super 6 Leapers 3-9x40
AwesomeAnt

Return to General Chat