After Market Mrod caliber conversion kits

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

After Market Mrod caliber conversion kits

Postby hawkeye on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 am

Here's an idea for Crosman and others who might be interested. During the last year one of the things I have noticed about a lot of the folks on this forun is that they like modifying their rifles. Some of the forum members even have the machine tools to do a lot of the work themselves. While I am certainly not an air rifle expert, I have had my Mrod totally apart and put back together. Believe or not It still works!! :) The point being is that in my opinion Mrod's are not that difficult to work on. So with that said, what do you guys think about Crosman or others making a DIY drop in kit for changing the caliber of your rifle? Something like a conversion from .177 to .20 or .22. This would involve changing the barrel, bolt, and possibly the breach although I think you get away with the same breach. I have left out the .25 Mrod because I don't think it would be as easy to modify. I have seen the question asked on another forum and thought I'd throw it out here.

Tom
hawkeye

Re: After Market Mrod caliber conversion kits

Postby Bruce Jarrett on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Some my like changing back and forth but I wouldn't. I'm new to air rifles but I shoot a lot of cartridge guns and own a lot of them. Once I get a gun to shoot the way I want it to, I leave it alone.I may do some minor adjustments now and then but nothing major. Every time you change a barrel all your settings will be lost, power settings and scope. This would be especially true with changing to a different caliber. With the cost of these rifles I would rather buy another rifle and have two rifles setup all the time whenever I want to shoot either one of them.
Bruce Jarrett

Return to General Chat