Grain Scale?

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Grain Scale?

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:06 pm

I am in search of a reliable digital grain scale to weigh pellets. I would like to know what you guys are using or what you would reccomend. I would like to keep the price under $200, but around $150 would be great. Weight and size of the scale is not an issue as long as the mesurments are precice and repeatable. Thanks for any helpful tips!

Andrew
Andrew

Re: Grain Scale?

Postby Supercharged86 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Andrew, If your looking to spend that much on a grain scale, I'd opt for this one, http://www.hornady.com/store/Lock-N-Load-Bench-Scale/. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby wlambert on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:18 am

I have owned two digital scales. The first was a Lyman and the current one is a Dillon. I used the Lyman for many years, but it was a pain. It tended to jump zero even if you allowed it to warm up before use. Two out of three reviewers on the Midway USA site complained about the same problem. I replaced the Lyman with a Dillon. The Dillon scale works fine, and holds zero. I would recommend it.

wlambert
wlambert

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks for the great ideas, I will definatly look into those scales. I don't what I would do without this great forum!

Andrew
Andrew

Return to General Chat