Something new from Crosman is coming......

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Something new from Crosman is coming......

Postby DaveShooter on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:31 pm

I guess the shotshow is next week in Vagas. I here crosman has some new things to be had by us all in the future.
I hope it is a big bore and the new elec pump for the Mrod.We will all just have to wait and see what is coming our way...... :D :D :D
DaveShooter

Re: Something new from Crosman is coming......

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 pm

ROGUE .357 Wow, What a machine! What's that gonna go for???
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby dogwood on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:00 pm

rummer mongers have it any where from $950 to $1500
dogwood

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:09 pm

dogwood wrote:rummer mongers have it any where from $950 to $1500

No Kidding! Guess I'll be passing on the first go around... :(
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby leadfingers on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Its big,heavy,ugly and gonna be pricey.But packs quite a wollop Id bet.I wouldnt want to carry that thing around woods.Reminds me of a BMG.Electronics on a rifle?I dont know,gonna wait and see about reliability.Gotta carrie extra batteries to the woods?Probably not for me.
leadfingers

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I guess it has a built-in electronic regulator, to properly provide the optimum settings based on remaining air pressure, likewise has built-in presets based on the projectile used. Will use specially designed slugs or any .38 special projectile currently on the market. That's kinda cool...
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby DaveShooter on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:I guess it has a built-in electronic regulator, to properly provide the optimum settings based on remaining air pressure, likewise has built-in presets based on the projectile used. Will use specially designed slugs or any .38 special projectile currently on the market. That's kinda cool...
Steve I know Daystae uses an electroinic setup in their rifles. It may work great in this rifle and all. Just imho not to crazy about any type electronics in a rifle or gun. Like you said I too would have to pass on that price as well way to rich for my blood. Again I think crosman is trying to reach out market wise to the PB'er market to bring more folks into the airgun world which would be a good thing if any..... :D
DaveShooter

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:24 am

DaveShooter wrote:
Supercharged86 wrote:I guess it has a built-in electronic regulator, to properly provide the optimum settings based on remaining air pressure, likewise has built-in presets based on the projectile used. Will use specially designed slugs or any .38 special projectile currently on the market. That's kinda cool...
Steve I know Daystae uses an electroinic setup in their rifles. It may work great in this rifle and all. Just imho not to crazy about any type electronics in a rifle or gun. Like you said I too would have to pass on that price as well way to rich for my blood. Again I think crosman is trying to reach out market wise to the PB'er market to bring more folks into the airgun world which would be a good thing if any..... :D

Hey Dave, Wasn't aware Daystate had an electronic air rifle, I see that now, the MCT system.
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby wlambert on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:09 am

I don't know--- I always thought the allure of the pellet gun was its lower power and limited maximum range. I could safely shoot in built up areas where even a .22 rim-fire would not be safe. Even the .22 Marauder, for all its power, still has a fairly limited range, given the poor aerodynamics of a pellet.

Now along comes the Rogue. Shoots a real .38 caliber bullet at approximately .38 Special velocities. It is a real advancement for a pellet rifle, but it really is no longer a pellet rifle. It doesn't shoot pellets. Except for the fact that it uses compressed air, it is a low power firearm. It would not be safe to shoot where I shoot my Marauder. At least not the way I shoot my Marauder. No way would you take pigeons off the silo with a .38 Special.

The first time there is an incident with one, the Rogue is going to blur the definition between "air rifle" and firearm. That could possibly have serious ramifications with the gun control community.

If Marlin just announced a new bolt action rifle in .38 Special, how excited would we all be?

I hate to be negative. I am sure it will be a super gun, I'm just not sure that it will do anything that a Marlin 1894C won't do better. I know, Marlin isn't making the 1894C right now. I saw one last week, used, at a gun show, and almost gave it a good home. Already had two Marlin 39A's in tow, and there are only so many guns that you can bring home on a weekend.

Just my thoughts. Don't shoot me.

wlambert
wlambert

Postby Roger on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:39 pm

PA has the Crosman Rouge listed at $8000. I am sure it is a typo error. They will start to ship the last part of Oct. 2011.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Next

Return to General Chat