NEW .357 MROD NOV 11

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

NEW .357 MROD NOV 11

Postby Rick707 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 am

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW BENJAMIN ROUGE .357 CAL. 1000FPS ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED FPS LOOK ON PRYAMID AIR UNDER CAL .357. NO WORDS WE ARE AT THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN. MROD RULES
Rick707

Re: NEW .357 MROD NOV 11

Postby DaveShooter on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Rick707 wrote:HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW BENJAMIN ROUGE .357 CAL. 1000FPS ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED FPS LOOK ON PRYAMID AIR UNDER CAL .357. NO WORDS WE ARE AT THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN. MROD RULES
That gun if your lucky enough to get one will be in the fall of this year, or maybe even next yr. They won't start mfg til this spring from what is being said through the forums. It just got the big unvail this past week at the shotshow. :D
DaveShooter

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:44 am

Hey Guys, I know we've started a small discussion about this new rifle elsewhere but it seems the general consensus so far is that it will be priced out of reality. It seems that for the amount of money Crosman is likely to ask for the Rogue, you can acquire or at least nearly acquire any number of quality powder burners, ie 30-30, 308, 223, etc. and not be limited to range, etc. Although I certainly would agree with everyone that the cost seems high, I think were losing sight of this rifle's intended purpose; a stealthy, big bore, close encounter rifle with major knock down power. I don't know about you guys but letting one rip from my .308 in the backyard in gonna be a problem, however, discharging the Rogue wouldn't be, of course safety first! Now I realize backyard shooting of the Rogue is probably overkill (for most situations), won't be generally recommended and beyond the intended purpose of such a rifle, but if need be could be executed. So just my early thoughts on what looks to be a very interesting product. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Rick707 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 pm

I agree the reason I like the mrod is affordability not 8000 dollars for a air rifle. I still love the concept. STILL LOOKING FOR ANOTHER MROD. THANKS RICK
Rick707

Postby DaveShooter on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:Hey Guys, I know we've started a small discussion about this new rifle elsewhere but it seems the general consensus so far is that it will be priced out of reality. It seems that for the amount of money Crosman is likely to ask for the Rogue, you can acquire or at least nearly acquire any number of quality powder burners, ie 30-30, 308, 223, etc. and not be limited to range, etc. Although I certainly would agree with everyone that the cost seems high, I think were losing sight of this rifle's intended purpose; a stealthy, big bore, close encounter rifle with major knock down power. I don't know about you guys but letting one rip from my .308 in the backyard in gonna be a problem, however, discharging the Rogue wouldn't be, of course safety first! Now I realize backyard shooting of the Rogue is probably overkill (for most situations), won't be generally recommended and beyond the intended purpose of such a rifle, but if need be could be executed. So just my early thoughts on what looks to be a very interesting product. Cheers. Steve
I agree with ya Steve. I myself for what it is worth or I should say my 2-cents is all the electronics involved in this design. I mean the powder burnners such as remington and colt as well as cva muzzloaders used an electronic concept dosen't look like it went over to good. Hey who knows maybe it will work cause daystate used it in their guns as well as painball companys have as well from what I understand. My self I too will buy a 222, or 223 , or 308or even a 6.8 to reach out with power to killer yoter dog or varmit. Or say I'll just shoot'em with the 25 Mrod. Man oh man Eva Shockey Jim's daughter just killed a 150 lb hog with the 25 Mrod. man is she alot better looking than her daddy. :D :D :D
DaveShooter

Return to General Chat