Took down the biggest Game ever.

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Took down the biggest Game ever.

Postby Americanhillbilly » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:30 pm

So today my dad and I decided we needed to do a little desert shooting with a few of our friends. "The Destroyer" Mrod .25 and the "Stealth Assassin" Prod. Especially since I got my Marmot Militia Mrod(erator) for the Prod yesterday we needed to try it out.

While we were out we spotted a few vicious bottles that needed to be taken down, after blasting a few we headed back towards the truck. It was now around 106 in the shade and I was ready to hit the pool. As we got back to the truck we had forgotten that we had picked up a few of them rowdy beer bottles from the side of the road about 20 or so. The entire drivers side had shade and well you know when you have bottles that need to be shot the heat isn't so bad. After taking them down a peg or two it was now time to see if we can hit the little pieces that are left over sort of a competition. Well you know who armed with the .25 and a fresh air fill... lines up for a great shot on a blue bottle bottom while leaning over my daughters chevy I focus the scope. Squeeze the trigger and BLAMMMM!! What was that? My dad starts laughing I look back towards the bottle and what do I see...

All I could do was laugh and say well if would have been my truck I would have cried but then later would have to laugh. Since its my daughters that just makes it funny.

I had the scope zoomed in enough that I couldn't see the edge of truck but once I zoomed back out hey looky there I can see the top of the bed of the truck in the bottom of the scope.

Well got home to find that my daughter stayed the night at her friends so I have been sending her pictures tell her that her Chevy has been a bad truck and I had to put it down.

My wife and my Mom thought I was joking around about shooting the truck but once they realized I did. Man I felt like I was 10 and gonna get a good old fashion country butt Whoopin.

Moral of the story: while leaning over the bed of the truck looking through your scope zoom all the way out to make sure the truck isn't in the view.
But if your gonna shot someone's truck make sure she's not game to beat you up!
AHB

Americanhillbilly

Americanhillbilly

Re: Took down the biggest Game ever.

Postby RatRacer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 pm

You Arizona folk are cruel with your wanton disregard for other folks Chevy's.

You should immediately move to Texas, and take up Ford hunting. They are almost as prolific as hogs. There's a great big white one with black stripes we refer to as "B.O.S.S. Hog" that has a substantial bounty on its head. Many here know of it.... :lol:
Benjamin Marauder .22 pistol, carbined- 18FPE
Benjamin Discovery .22 Multi-Shot, Hawke AirMax 4-12 X 40 AO/IR
CS 2400KT .22, BB 3-9 X32 AO/IR
RatRacer

Postby Americanhillbilly » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Steve

I have officially retired from truck hunting besides I think they limit you on truck tags to 1 a lifetime. :lol:
AHB

Americanhillbilly

Americanhillbilly

Postby NeuRon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:59 am

It's a Chevy. That was the humane shot to take. :P
Prod (tuned by Paul B., LW barrel, RB grips, ACE Folding stock, camo, TKO & JG brakes)
Sold: .22 Mrod "The Toad" (tuned by Paul B., 18" LW barrel, Toad-A-Flage camo)
Sold: .25 TT Mrod w/ reservoir and shroud extensions

NeuRon

Postby jimmyk » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:28 pm

We're were having a 3-D archery shoot a couple of years back and I was visiting with one our members near the back of his dodge ranch truck. I noticed 3 holes through the inside of the bed about 1inch down from the top. Of course I had to ask. Apparently he was out on the ranch running around and drove past a coyote on the passengers side. He said he stopped stepped out of the truck and took rest on the drivers side bed and fired off a round at the coyote(22-250). Clean miss on the coyote, which just stood there. He fired two more times at the coyote which never moved for three shots. You guessed it, he was looking through the scope and not alloying for the lower barrel position. Score one for Wylie P. Dodge DOA.
jimmy
jimmyk

Postby RayK » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:45 pm

I remember my hunter safety course textbook had a picture of a guy resting his rifle on one rail of a railroad track and the barrel was angled so the bullet would hit the other rail but he could see clearly to his target because the scope was above the barrel and the rail. This was an example of how easy it is to make such a mistake and possibly hurt yourself or someone else. Same thing happened in these two examples. It must be much more common than we would think.

Ray
25 M-rod, 25 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns bullpup, 22 Citrus ReBuilt M-rod, 177 M-rod, new 22 P-rod
RayK

Postby Americanhillbilly » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 pm

I have seen it happen a few times over the years but this would be the first time I have done it. You definitely have to double and triple check the things your shooting at. Sometimes you get caught up in the moment then you have a hole in the truck bed before you know it.
AHB

Americanhillbilly

Americanhillbilly

Postby RayK » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:00 pm

It could have been much worse - what if it were a high powered rifle?
I love pellet guns.

Ray
25 M-rod, 25 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns bullpup, 22 Citrus ReBuilt M-rod, 177 M-rod, new 22 P-rod
RayK

Postby SHOOTINIT » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:40 pm

someone wanted this guy..

99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Postby arizonadesertdog » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:58 pm

I personally know of one chronograph that met the same fate! :oops:. One shot, one kill. :roll:
desertdog
.25 Marauder
.25 Condor
.177 Marauder
.177 Condor
.177 FWB 124D
.177 Beeman P1
.177 Browning Express
.177 FWB 300S
.22 Marauder Pistol
arizonadesertdog

Return to General Chat