Another reason I'm glad I invested time & money in Marauders

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Another reason I'm glad I invested time & money in Marauders

Postby RayK » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 am

I know few read this general chat sub section, but I was reading the Yellow to see if there is anything good over there (pretty rarely lately) when I found this

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... en+cricket

It reminds me of how glad I am that I went with Marauders. There is so much good information about them and we can easily get inexpensive replacement parts and there are so many modifications being developed and translated over to our affordable Marauders from their pricey predecessors from Europe.

It would be cool to have an FX, Daystate, Edgun, or Cricket, but I can get three to five Marauders for about the price of one of those. And we can tinker and modify without worrying about devaluing a $2000 or $3000 investment.

Ray
25 M-rod, 25 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns bullpup, 22 Citrus ReBuilt M-rod, 177 M-rod, new 22 P-rod
RayK

Re: Another reason I'm glad I invested time & money in Marau

Postby Motorhead » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:42 pm

If or when the time comes you CAN afford some high end euro guns ... the dollar relativity just is not what one would think.
Rifle needs tweaks, ya tweak it !! .... Needs a mod done to personalize the fit etc ... Ya do that too never worried about resale issues.

When your at that level of AG affliction :shock: ya want & require your gear to be the BEST IT CAN BE which simply means screwing with it futher as you would any mechanical tool.

JMO ...
Scott
Regulated Custom M-rods - Pupped .22 / Thumbhole .177 / .20 Conversion
Air Arms TX-200 MkIII .177
FWB 124D .177
Diana 75 HV TO-1 Match .177
Barnett Spitfire .177
Regulated BAM-51 .177
Crosman PC77 & SSP-250 .177
Bug-A-Salt
4.5k ShoeBox / Ninja 90
Motorhead

Postby maskale » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:34 pm

new guy here, but do those high end rifles need some tweeking to get them shooting good or are they ready to go? Do they benifit as greatly from mods as a Marauder?

Modified Mrod 25 or FX Gladiator ect...
maskale

Postby Motorhead » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:57 pm

maskale wrote:new guy here, but do those high end rifles need some tweeking to get them shooting good or are they ready to go? Do they benifit as greatly from mods as a Marauder?

Modified Mrod 25 or FX Gladiator ect...

No where to the degree we see in M-rods getting tweaked with many high end euro guns needing nothing to be just awesome shooters.
But with ANY piece of production manufactured machinery, always room for a little something somewhere if that type of neurotic perfection is your thing ?

Am one of those who can leave NOTHING stock ... for stock is where most everyone else is at too, and if wishing to out shoot or beat them requires doing something they are not ;)

JMO ...
Regulated Custom M-rods - Pupped .22 / Thumbhole .177 / .20 Conversion
Air Arms TX-200 MkIII .177
FWB 124D .177
Diana 75 HV TO-1 Match .177
Barnett Spitfire .177
Regulated BAM-51 .177
Crosman PC77 & SSP-250 .177
Bug-A-Salt
4.5k ShoeBox / Ninja 90
Motorhead

Postby Bullfrog » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:58 pm

I view the Marauder as the AR-15 platform of the PCP world. Its a jack of all trades that's easy to disassemble, maintain, and customize. With some elbow grease it can really be made to shine for specific applications. You want extra quiet? Several different baffle and LDC options available. You want power? Drop a new valve and hammer spring in. Too long? Bullpup it. Something breaks? Call Crosman or a good Crosman repair person like Dave and get some replacement parts for cheap and fix it yourself in 20 minutes or less. Or take a trip to your auto parts store and get your own orings.
Bullfrog

Return to General Chat