Legal to shoot airguns during fire season?

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Legal to shoot airguns during fire season?

Postby 999 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows if its legal to shoot airguns during fire season when signs say no firearms? I realize pellets have a slim to none chance of sparking compared to a rimfire or larger cal gun..Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this..Im guessing its legal but.. :?
“Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”

Re: Legal to shoot airguns during fire season?

Postby RayK » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:43 pm

In california, airguns are not considered firearms, but if you carry your pelletgun and someone sees you, you can bet they will call the cops to report you and they will be out shortly to check you out.

However, we are not allowed to shoot in any of the forests (like Angeles or Cleavland). In some areas, you can hunt in season, but we are not allowed to target shoot - probably because folks did it irresponsibly in the past.

Ray
25 M-rod, 25 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns bullpup, 22 Citrus ReBuilt M-rod, 177 M-rod, new 22 P-rod
RayK

Postby maskale » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:59 pm

they are not firearms, however you need to ask them. they may be as dumb as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT7TOL_V08M
maskale

Postby 999 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Yeah that was my thought as well,I was speaking of las padres forest up off hwy 154 in santa Barbara co.My girlfriend and I camp and shoot frequently up there and noticed last week rangers had posted no shooting and no campfires,no charcoal bbqs either..needless to say we decided not to camp out.After rains that place is great area to shoot,locally I am confined to shooting whatever I can fit into a backpack,guncase is a bust if seen by passing cars etc. :o That lady in the video is confused and has no idea what bullets or magazines even are.I think a requirement for these people to be on a panel like this should be to have knowledge of what the heck they are trying to sell to the state..
“Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”

Return to General Chat