Hello from Valley Center, CA

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Re: Hello from Valley Center, CA

Postby Rattus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi,

I live near Rancho Bernardo and have a .22 Mrod, a Prod, and a 4500 psi Great White tank from Joe B.

I get my tank filled at San Diego Divers near Sorrento Valley for $5 a fill. Highly recommended as they are nice folks and right near the 5/805 merge. They take the time to cool down the tank after initial fill to get more air in it.

I've been a bit busy with family (have a 9 month old) but eventually would like to meet up with some of you SD airgunners especially since I'm in suburban hell with a teeny tiny lot.

Brian
Rattus

Postby Squirrel Terminator » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Howdy Brian!

Welcome to the micro-branch of SD Airgunners! LOL Maybe we can arrange to all meet somewhere up here is spacious North County sometime! I understand busy and have a little bad news for you - my youngest just turned 18 and it doesn't slow down! Geez!

I still don't have a PCP. My funding stream is a bit distracted (college for said 18 year old coming up Really Fast!). That and I am currently coveting a Savage 6mm benchrest. I love a hobby that has - of I don't know - about a gazillion variables one has to sort through to get a successful bull! Which powder? How Much? Primer? Bullet? How deep to seat the bullet? Turn the case neck? Full size or not to full size your brass? Temperature? Barometric Pressure? Shooting East/West - Coriolis? Oh - and WIND!

Fun, Fun, Fun! Anyway - sure. Hopefully we can all arrange something and swap stories. I'm still sucking up the lore that surrounds airgunning - not as conversant as with powder arms.

Have a Great One!

Michael
Walther Force 1000 .177 - 40
Squirrels - 0
Squirrel Terminator

Postby Rattus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi Michael,

Absolutely, I'd love to meet up. I like powder burners too, but airguns can be equally addicting (if not more so). I find the cost to shoot is so much less with airguns that it makes target practice and plinking something you can do ALL DAY LONG without breaking the bank.

Valley Center is a beautiful area; I'm incredibly jealous of the large plots of land you have out there!

I have a couple springers but the kicker that got me into PCPs is the wide availability of places to fill tanks in the SD area. Between the paintball stores and dive shops, we're really lucky. Pumping, especially for the Mrod, got old really fast and I'm in pretty good shape.

Anyway, drop me a PM and we can exchange contact info.

Brian
Rattus

Previous

Return to General Chat