Do crows stay away from your house?

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Do crows stay away from your house?

Postby jlands on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:50 pm

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/a-murder-of-crows/full-episode/5977/

Now i know why the crows stay in the trees across the street from me and not behind my house. Got this link off the yellow forums and found it very interesting.

A question there was posed as to whether this could be found true of squirrels as well.
enjoy.

jared
I believe in gun control as long as I am the one controlling it. :)

jlands

Re: Do crows stay away from your house?

Postby robbie on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am

Hey jlands.. seen ya post tried to watch video but it was not available, i know i've popped about three crows and they are wary i can't even get them in the yard with food and the squirrels are the same way i'd really like to see the vid on that so if u know of a way let me know.
robbie

Postby jlands on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:23 pm

make sure you have macromedia flash updated.

here's a link to the you tube play list. i don't know if it will play the whole thing, but the first part will give you the basic thought.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CB9AECB29D0352EF&playnext=1&v=vfI5-RWC-QQ

jared
I believe in gun control as long as I am the one controlling it. :)

jlands

Postby davee1 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:09 am

Oh yes. In the beginning, there was a few who would land in my trees, but they very quickly(in one day) learned that they were not welcome. They land in the trees that are not on my property, because they know that they are safe there. But even when they are in a tree they consider "safe", if I let them see my Marauder and look at them thru the scope...they fly away real quick, and caw out their warnings. They are very smart birds. I find them to be fascinating...and as long as they leave my stuff alone I really have no beef with them. Its their potential to damage my environment that I have set up in my back yard, that worries me.
I've got a semi nature preserve goin on back there, and I dont want them raising hell in there. Lizards, small turtles, and turtle eggs are under my protection.
Some harmless gopher snakes and kingsnakes nest back in there too.
davee1

Postby Coochman57 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:29 pm

Keeping them out of your yard... What..... Why would you do that? They make great targets.... Yes they are smart and sneaky and super difficult to sneak up on...All the better the rewarding feeling when you pop one..... Haven't got one yet myself, but I wish they thought my backyard was a great place to hang out.....
Coochman57

Return to General Chat