Deer hunting

All general Marauder chat to go in here.

Deer hunting

Postby Walx on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:08 am

Sitting here on the deer stand got me to thinking. Does anyone here deer hunt with an air rifle. If so what kind and how well does it work. I have been thinking about getting the 45 cal from pyramid air but not sure how effective it would be. I do a lot of pistol hunting and am looking for a new challenge
Walx

Re: Deer hunting

Postby Roger on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 am

Hey Walx,

I also share your thoughts about deer hunting with a air rifle. Unfortunately my state does not allow it. A few weeks back I was watching American Airgunner, Eric Henderson took a respectable buck at 50 yards with a .45 air rifle he got from PA. You can own the same gun he used right off the shelf! I think they are on sale now. Things to think about!

Does your state allow air gun hunting
Weight of bullet matched to velocity fpe is it enough to kill a deer....very crucial
AIR .....Big Bore air guns take alot of AIRRRRR

A couple of years ago I decided to own a 9mm air rifle. Got one from PA. Fire 201s. Although not deer rifle, it is a great gun for taking medium size animals. I bought it for coyotes. I mold my own bullets 125gr round nose .356 alot of fun and satisfying. I get about 5 good high power shots with each fill .

If my state allowed air gun hunting I would do it.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Re: Deer hunting

Postby tjbryner on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:08 pm

I feel it won't be long till alot of states allow it. The more built up we get the more likely it will happen.
tjbryner

Return to General Chat